The meadow

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by LaFoto, May 13, 2007.

1. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Somehow with this one I feel I wanted to get too much into one photo: I wanted to include the dandelion meadow, the entire birch and play on the colour of the sky with my (new) polariser... and unfortunately I did not have a tall ladder or a low-flying hot air balloon to my aid to shift the horizon by aquiring a different POV.

Now this photo is colourful but boring, isn't it?

[​IMG]

2. cherrymoose

cherrymoose TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Well, I wouldn't exactly say boring. ;) You have a nice composition, with that tree, and you definitely captured all the interesting things in that meadow as one. Also, I usually don't see scenes like this, so it's interesting and serene-feeling to me. But the colors actually feel... dull. I feel like something else could be done to make this photo great, but I'm not sure what.

It's a nice photo nevertheless, just not extremely awe-worthy.

3. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    When I first saw it, "picture-postcard" was what sprang to mind ... and since THESE colours are what the polariser produced, I did not do anything about them ... do you think they are DULL? I feel there are too many of them, actually, but I might need to touch the highlights some more...?

4. cherrymoose

cherrymoose TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Well, no, actually, 'dull' was the wrong word. I'm not quite sure how I feel about them. I want to say 'more contrast', but that's odd; because I know that wouldn't look good in this landscape. ;) Hmm, I'll have to figure out what I'm babbling on about. You're probably right, there's too many colors.

Although I do like what your polarizer did to the sky!

5. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think this was a scene which maybe did not need the polarizer, so now the blue from the sky overweights the tree, which sort of became dull with its highly saturated, but very dark green.

I think that might be the problem.

And it would make a wonderful square crop using just the upper part (looks much less cluttered then).