The Ministers Wife

Im trying. I never took any photography classes or went to school for it so im just kind of winging it.

Yes your right. Its stupid to reply to it but some comments get under my skin. I have to get better at letting them slide off.

I am glad you like my photos. It doesnt appear too many do. lol
lol, alot of people dont understand the concept of a good photo then!

I like this photo a lot. It's not because I'm a fan of the dark minimalism, but I can see what your going after and you definitely got the feel. It reminds me of Silent Hill. I also like that it's from a different style than a lot of photos from what I've seen so far. :thumbup:

I don't know what that guy meant that your photos don't speak for themselves, this one definitely does.

I think that the photo is too dark and the subject ( woman ) is not visble.

I really like the focus on the book. It's interesting.

I really like this photo. I like the darkeness of it, it matches the content of the photo. I like the fact that your focus is taken to the things in the picture that matter, ie the knife, the book and the man. I like that fact that the face is blurred because it adds a little mystery. I think this shot is very well done. I was once told by someone that the sign of good art is one that invokes emotions, whether good or bad. I don't think I have seen anyone on this site that evokes more of that than you. Yes maybe people don't like it but your stuff stirs things in people even if it is hatred or contempt. Atleast they aren't just looking at your stuff and passing by because it is boring. I hope you take this the way it is intended.

I really like this photo. I like the darkeness of it, it matches the content of the photo. I like the fact that your focus is taken to the things in the picture that matter, ie the knife, the book and the man. I like that fact that the face is blurred because it adds a little mystery. I think this shot is very well done. I was once told by someone that the sign of good art is one that invokes emotions, whether good or bad. I don't think I have seen anyone on this site that evokes more of that than you. Yes maybe people don't like it but your stuff stirs things in people even if it is hatred or contempt. Atleast they aren't just looking at your stuff and passing by because it is boring. I hope you take this the way it is intended.

I think thats possibly the bust comment/compliment I have recieved on here. Thanks a lot.

Don't let these people get to you because your style is probably one of the most unique ones on this forum. I love your work, every picture provides a different view on something, a darker, more truthful view. Like coastietech said, anything that evokes emotion is a great picture.

Keep them coming!

Well I like this also, but would like a bit more light/ detail... as said above it would still put off the eeerie feel...

what I do like about a lot of your photos , is imagination... you take the time to set up shots/ bracket/ and get something that usually coveys mood, as in this pic.... it leaves the viewer, to search for clues...
very creative...

now , I want to hear the thought behind this photo/ title ... ??

As far as thoughts behind my photos...hmm
Mostly everything comes from what I am interested in and trying to make use of what is available. Im not a technical wizard, I just know enough to get the pictures to look like I want. A lot of times I just take a certain picture to see what it will look like that then gives me ideas and I take more with that look.

A while back someone asked Ozzy Osbourne How did he come up with all that cool music and where did all those lyrics come from.
His response was that he just thought it sounded cool! lol
People found a lot more meaning in his stuff than he ever intended.
Im in no way likening myself to him lol but his explanation I can relate to.

BTW.. I do have my views on religious things and find the topic very interesting especially considering the current state of the world in regards to religion.... THAT however is definately not a subject to dicuss in this forum. lol

Ok, so I originally posted a slightly rude comment on this photo... "it really annoys me". But it's been bumped up, and I keep clicking on it to see the latest comments, and I've decided that it's a very... different idea, yet an interesting one. And like I said before; the book really does make the shot, but so do the blurred people in the background. It's a very nice shot-- again, not my style --but I'm branching out and I do like it.

Although, I think it should have been posted in the Dark Side Gallery, but that doesn't really matter. ;)
umm uhhu

Most reactions

New Topics

Back