The moment...

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by MDowdey, Mar 18, 2004.

1. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

[​IMG]

for anyone interested, this is the picture from the thread i posted in "general". it took my breath when i saw it for the first time. scan is horrible.

md

2. Tammy

Tammy TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    She's adorable... what a smile! And I love how she seems to be really focused in on what ever has her attention - is it you?

3. photogoddess

photogoddess TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Awwww - I love it but do you think it would be good to ps out the big watermelon looking thing out from behind her. It seems to be drawing a bit of attention away from her.

4. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

i dont know how.

this is why i didnt want to post this pic, no offense to anyone cause i love you all, but this is a technical failure, it merely reminded me of how precious life is...

md

5. photogoddess

photogoddess TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    oh gosh - I didn't mean to step on your work. You caught the moment and the essence of childhood so perfectly. that bright green and yellow thing is just distracting. The look on her face is so precious. Really hard to catch with babies. Oh - I'm sorry

6. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

no no!! sweetie, not your fault at all!! im just proud of my sister and my niece...they are all that i have... you didnt do anything wrong!!! much love for ya

md

7. photogoddess

photogoddess TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    she is so beautiful. :)

8. oriecat

oriecat work in progress

Adorable, matt, just adorable. :)

9. havoc

havoc Jedi something or other

Very cute kid, and i don't think its a technical failure. Sure there is alot to draw your attention in the pic, but in this case i think the colors work well to "surround the focal point" of the picture. Not to critique your moment, but its a good photo all around i think.

10. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

thanks my young padawan....

md

11. manda

manda instigator of pottymouthedness

Just gorgeous Matthew
    youve captured her spirit
    great job!!

12. Osmer_Toby

Osmer_Toby TPF Noob!

she is beautiful, man. i know what you mean by the energy you receive from her. children are what it's all about- they come closest to the realm of pure, unadulterated love; they are the epitome of what the human race struggles so hard to be. it is ironic that as we grow older, we grow farther away from this place, until and unless we make a conscious effort to return. as my hero Khalil Gibran wrote, seek not to make your children like you, but seek instead to be like them. (not an exact quote)

this is so true. ah, to have the love and wonder of a child again. atually, through photography, i have begun to re-discover that wonder of the world...