the moon, any tips?

Rob A

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
hey guys, i finally got round to takin a pic of the moon. what do you think? i rarely get a clear night here! does it look outa focus to you? could any1 give me any tips on how to get a good one? this was taken at 1/100, f/11 and ISO was 400 with a 200mm lense. thanks for any help!!

moon.jpg

i am certainly no expert but i'll give ya my .02. your exposure looks great! if your focus was dead on i could only assume camera shake, and judging from the shot, that's how it appears to me. at that focal length and subject distance it wouldn't take much at all to see movement. you cropped this as well?

I agree. The exposure is great but it's not sharp. Either you missed the focus or you shot hand held at 1/100 with a 200mm lens. A rule of thumb, when shooting hand held, is to always have the reciprocal of the shutter speed higher than the focal length...or use a tripod.

thanks jon!! i just wen out and tried again this time being REALLY careful of knocking it. i dont have a cable release or remote for my 300D :( so maybe its just as i take my finger away fomr the trigger. anyway, here is my other one i just took. i think its a little better. what do you think?

moon2.jpg

second shot is very good! i bet if you take Matt's advice, you'll be there!

damn, got a lil cloudy!! will try next time i see a nice clear moon though!! thans loads for all your help!! is the cropping ok? i wasnt sure how much black to put in? thanks again!! :thumbsup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back