The Moon! She is so small...

If you turn it any kind of way it looks ridiculous.

" Ok lets just throw the moon in there at the bottom of the photo with horrible composure. Dead center, like the moon passes this way 365 days a year."

No.

The detail is awesome, focus is perfect. The moon blows the entire shot. Dead center dynamics anyone?
Heavily edited??????????????

Seriously. Take that crap back to 4chan where it belongs.

" Ok lets just throw the moon in there at the bottom of the photo with horrible composure. Dead center, like the moon passes this way 365 days a year."

No.

The detail is awesome, focus is perfect. The moon blows the entire shot. Dead center dynamics anyone?

Seriously. Take that crap back to 4chan where it belongs.

Hardly

Not what I expected when I clicked on the link! Very cool. I like it a lot!

Bitter shares a lot of awesome stuff, offering lots of neat ideas, and this one's a pretty cool, too... but yeah... that moon hanging there just feels awkward. Given the texture of the structures in the picture, the moon looks out of place.

Bitter shares a lot of awesome stuff, offering lots of neat ideas, and this one's a pretty cool, too... but yeah... that moon hanging there just feels awkward. Given the texture of the structures in the picture, the moon looks out of place.

It is awkward, isn't it. But, it was there! ;)
What do you think if I took the detail down in the bridge? Would it make the moon pop a bit more, or still feel awkward?

I will say again, I share images here as a way of showing my point of view, and to back up my comments on others' images.Some people here like to sound like experts, but never show their work...you just have to take their word for it, I guess.

I wish I could rally people to get this site to create a critique only forum, for everyone. I believe it is what most people come here for, innit? Post anywhere else on the forum, and you get very few comments. I've been told to post in the Gallery section. Ok, I have. Beginners also post there, so what's the difference?

No.

I thought you said you came here to learn about composition? I posted this to show how rules can be broken. If you don't see why it works, you have a ways to go.

Heavy editing? No, not really. I did have to merge two images for this shot. Because of the extreme dynamic range. This wasn't a DoF issue. Is it falsifying the truth? I don't believe so. The moon was there. Exactly where you see it in the image. There's also nothing wrong with "heavy" post processing, if it adds to the image. Applying random actions to try to make a bad image better? No.

Would you care to point out what you feel is a result of heavy processing?

Feel free to carry on your vendetta, IXLR8, it's quite amusing.

What do you think if I took the detail down in the bridge? Would it make the moon pop a bit more, or still feel awkward?

I will say again, I share images here as a way of showing my point of view, and to back up my comments on others' images.Some people here like to sound like experts, but never show their work...you just have to take their word for it, I guess.

It's like, you exist to teach through your passions. And I do enjoy learning.

The more I look at it, the more it works for me. I think it was just how the structure looked processed and the moon looked normal that threw me off. I'm wondering if less detail in the moon would create something that looks like a painting with this hanging circle juxtaposed with all those straight (or almost straight) lines.

... and I think it is about time I shared some thoughts with some of my own images. I'll dig some up later. Good call!

Bitter, you have a very keen eye for all that is abstract. You time and time again share with us not only stunning shapes coupled with wonderfull colors but your ability to photograph with such sharp detail is awe striking.

Cheers!
- Daniel

Bitter, you have a very keen eye for all that is abstract. You time and time again share with us not only stunning shapes coupled with wonderfull colors but your ability to photograph with such sharp detail is awe striking.

Cheers!
- Daniel

Agreed, except he's really not limited to the abstract. I think for some people, artistic talent comes naturally and others work hard for it. Bitter's one of the two anyway.

I like the endless DOF and I'm glad someone took advantage of the super-low almost-full moon that we had 2 nights ago (assuming that's when this was taken). Also good job on a tricky exposure - if it was in fact 1 exposure. This would have been done much more easily in post and by stacking shots. I'm guessing you did it in one click though, but can you confirm or deny?

EDIT: the more I look, the more I like it

Last edited:
Awesome shot Bitter.

Your abstract eye in particular is helping me slowly develop my eye in areas I am not so good at :thumbup:

I wish I could rally people to get this site to create a critique only forum, for everyone. I believe it is what most people come here for, innit? Post anywhere else on the forum, and you get very few comments. I've been told to post in the Gallery section. Ok, I have. Beginners also post there, so what's the difference?

No.

I thought you said you came here to learn about composition? I posted this to show how rules can be broken. If you don't see why it works, you have a ways to go.

Heavy editing? No, not really. I did have to merge two images for this shot. Because of the extreme dynamic range. This wasn't a DoF issue. Is it falsifying the truth? I don't believe so. The moon was there. Exactly where you see it in the image. There's also nothing wrong with "heavy" post processing, if it adds to the image. Applying random actions to try to make a bad image better? No.

Would you care to point out what you feel is a result of heavy processing?

Feel free to carry on your vendetta, IXLR8, it's quite amusing.

It's an abstract. I think.
As abstracts go, it's a good one.
Certainly you must know I was just being a prick.

I didn't want to admit that I like the image.
Or that I am envious. lol

Sooner or later you're gonna botch one, and I'm gonna be all over that like white on rice.
This is usually the point where I call you something nasty, then exit, keeping in rhythm with our ongoing sniper fest.

lol

Most reactions

Back