the moon

lkavaney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so its not 100% sharp, I need a new tripod!! but its not bad for a first attempt...

moon-1.jpg

I think for your first attempt you did great. I like the way that you framed this...makes it that much better, even though its not tac sharp! Good work

thank you!! settings are ISO 800, 1/60 sec, manual exposure. Lens I used was my 100-400L at 400mm with my bower 2x teleconverter (with the crop factor approx 1300mm focal length equiv..)

thank you!! settings are ISO 800, 1/60 sec, manual exposure. Lens I used was my 100-400L at 400mm with my bower 2x teleconverter (with the crop factor approx 1300mm focal length equiv..)

And a hefty tripod! :lol:

That's quite a setup! My own scopr is only 750mm/f4 at prime focus, 1500mm/f5.6 (approx) with a 2X Barlow on!

Then we get into the silly numbers/calculations for eyepiece projection! :lol:

The moon is one of my most favorite to try and capture. To me, it's intriguing. One capture just isn't enough. Good job for your 1st attempt. And, yes, a tripod is a necessity. Thanks for sharing!

I also think for a fist attempt-good job! I do think the framing does help make the shot. Thanks for sharing.

Most reactions

Back