The morning after;; Regret

Not bad but would've liked to see more face or body. It's hard to convey any kind of emotion when there is no body language or facial expression. Could just be somebody taking a nap or a drunk passed out IMO.

Funny, the very first word that came into my mind was "emotion".

Tough to make out that is an actual person. a shoulder would have been nice.

Its hard for me to "feel" the photo without any facial expression or any other reactionary subject in the photo. First thought in my mind "nap time" (which could be the result of not having enough sleep myself).

I like the colors and the clarity. Emotion is the initial thought, followed by tiredness. While the head down might be from "morning after regret", there is nothing in the pic to help me arrive at that conclusion. The window sill looks like a nice window in a new middle-upper income home or possibly a nicely done commercial space. Nothing wrong with that but it doesn't help me stay emotionally connected. My emotion was very fleeting. Once I absorbed the head down, my eyes were searching out the other details and I decided this person is financially well-off and they will get over the issue that put their head down in the first place. My interest waned.

I wonder if some of the perception in viewing this photo is a he/she thing. Looking again I do see this with more than a photographic eye. If you saw your child in this pose with their head on their arm in any window with hair a scraggle would you think, gee Pumpkin is tired or would you think something is wrong with Pumpkin. So I'm probably sensing more of my emotion to a perceived distress.

I felt it... no problem here focusing in on their emotion. Is it a point and shoot? I like :thumbup:
jorge

Most reactions

New Topics

Back