The most amazing player you never heard of...

LWW

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is from the 2000 inaugural season...

SamonePeters.jpg

Samone Peters who stood 6 ft 8 inches and weighed 285 pounds holds the team season home run record and batted .208 in A ball. Mark McGwire type power sans steroids except that he absolutely cannot hit a breaking pitch of any kind...

53WAview.jpg

on this night hit a 9th inning walkoff home run, notice the scoreboard in left field and the right side Dragon's head in particular...

SamonesBlast.jpg

because the ball hit the tip of the top of the Dragon's ear.

Estimates in the AM poaper were that the ball would have travelled between 600 and 625 feet on the fly which would would have made it possibly the longest home run in the history of professional baseball.

The major league record for comparison is held by a guy named Mantle at 565 feet.

LWW

I have done some free lance press photography but 5/3 is as fan friendly as you can get.

As long as you are courteous of people watching the game and don't inerfere with that you can do pretty much what you want.

I have even set up with tripods, I've always arrived early and asked where would be the least obtrusive, but these were all taken in fan accessible areas with no special priveleges.

I hope that answers your Q.

LWW

This is from the 2000 inaugural season...

SamonePeters.jpg

Samone Peters who stood 6 ft 8 inches and weighed 285 pounds holds the team season home run record and batted .208 in A ball. Mark McGwire type power sans steroids except that he absolutely cannot hit a breaking pitch of any kind...

53WAview.jpg

on this night hit a 9th inning walkoff home run, notice the scoreboard in left field and the right side Dragon's head in particular...

SamonesBlast.jpg

because the ball hit the tip of the top of the Dragon's ear.

Estimates in the AM poaper were that the ball would have travelled between 600 and 625 feet on the fly which would would have made it possibly the longest home run in the history of professional baseball.

The major league record for comparison is held by a guy named Mantle at 565 feet.

LWW

Thanks LWW. The young man you photographed is my son. It brings back some great memories. I flew out for that game with Samone's uncle and all of it was some of the greatests times for the family.

Thanks LWW. The young man you photographed is my son. It brings back some great memories. I flew out for that game with Samone's uncle and all of it was some of the greatests times for the family. You did a great job!! Wish I could find the video that was televised by the local TV station.

Not many people know but Samone played the last half of the season with a fractured hand. I am sure his numbers would of been up.

Most reactions

Back