The Most Magnificent Contraption

musicaleCA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was at the Vancouver Lantern Festival this weekend, and saw the most magnificent contraption ever. This thing is just cool.

Best of all, it moves!

The business organization that created this contraption is a charity (why, why! they don't have any money to give me for these! the horror!), and you can find out more here.

Oh yeah... I have one of those. It's pretty cool. Great fun at parties.

Neat pics, btw. :)

:lol: Thanks. I was only a little bothered by the poor high-iso performance of my camera. *sighs* What I wouldn't do for a 5D MkII. Then again, I did alright.

:lol: Thanks. I was only a little bothered by the poor high-iso performance of my camera. *sighs* What I wouldn't do for a 5D MkII. Then again, I did alright.
Isn't the saying "what i would do for a..."

Very nice. Looking at #1, I had no idea what the contraption was but that is not necessarily bad as it makes you want to find out.

#2 and 3 are just beautiful. :thumbup:

If you like that kind of stuff, you should try and get down to Burning Man. One of my projects when I know how to use my DSLR.

I would like to have one of those to just ride around. Take it to the store for groceries and such. :lol: Great pics! I would have loved to see that.

Interesting. Where does Burning Man take place (the website is sadly devoid of that info, at least from scanning it quickly; I'm tired, and have a shoot soon, and, blah)?

On a good note, the guys who own that giant contraption want to use the photos while giving me credit. Apparently they do occasionally get people asking to pay for the images on their site. And they're willing to get me property releases for their art too. And hopefully get me into future events that they go to. Woohoo!!!

Oh, and thanks Rebecca. Glad you like them. :D

Good deal for you. It is always good to have charity work in your portfolio or in your resume. And I don't know about Canada income taxes, but here I use it as a deduction.

Yep, here it counts as a deduction as well. And the fact that I'm getting work as a photographer means that legally I'm self-employed, and can deduct all of my camera gear from income tax. :D

Oh yikes! Well, maybe sometime down to the road. When I'm used to heat...if that ever happens. :greenpbl: (It's 30ºC here and the humidex is BAD right now; eugh. I feel like I'm being slowly steamed in an oven.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back