"The Most Photographed Rock in the World"

JTHphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
redrock_4323share.jpg

Some websites say its the most photographed in the world, some its the U.S., others its just Arizona... i don't really believe anything i read on the internet anyway... ;-)

it sure felt like the most photographed rock when i was there, because when this shot was taken (magic hour/sunset) there were 3 20Ds on tripods, a medium format on a tripod, two handheld 35mms, and about 30-40 digital PnS cameras... one of the ladies was kind enough to email me a photo of the 3 of our 20D's lined up next to each other :mrgreen:

this is a cool shot

agree with woodsac about the foreground

I, too, cannot but agree: colours and composition (!) make this picture. So it might well be the most photographed rock formation in the world, but no one has ever photographed it like this before!
And I haven't EVER photographed it. Not even seen it (with my own eyes, that is).

'Majestic' is about right :) I agree, the stones on the water's edge really make this composition special.

And the most photographed rock? Really, more than Ayer's Rock in Australia? At least in this one there isn't a row of tourist like a line of ants crawling over it :)

Great shot, colours and composition really work well here. Brilliant :thumbup:

puzzle said:
'Majestic' is about right :) I agree, the stones on the water's edge really make this composition special.

And the most photographed rock? Really, more than Ayer's Rock in Australia? At least in this one there isn't a row of tourist like a line of ants crawling over it :)

I saw a few people moving around up there earlier in the day, i didn't know you could even get up there.

Beautiful shot - perfectly composed. Your foreground leads the eye straight back to the subject. :thumbup:

:sigh: I wish I was there!! Cut it out, now - all these gorgeous red rock shots make me homesick for it! :lol:

That is really beautiful...Is it in Sedona? It looks like Red Rock Mountains. I was able to visit there not long ago. But, we were there on work related business and "play" time was limited. We were only able to hit the high spots. I plan to go back and spend more time. It's incredibly beautiful there!

puzzle said:
And the most photographed rock?
*cough*Yosemite Halfdome*cough* =p

Very nice picture. Love the color you can get out there in the desert.

Thanks for the wonderful comments everybody... if it wasn't for TPF i probably wouldn't have the drive to get out there and shoot as much, everyone here is such an inspiration... :thumbup:

tgates said:
That is really beautiful...Is it in Sedona?
yup, sure is, just on the other side of town from the church that you shot, i was surprised to see your sedona photos in here after i posted last night, such a coincidence... i drove by that church twice this weekend thinking I should go take a few shots... maybe next time...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back