The Most Powerful Weapon in the World

stsinner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just look at the damage it has done to the economies of the world.. All it needs is the dotted line of a mortgage to be very, very dangerous..

01_19_2009_6764.jpg

Opinions?

Good representation of the message you are trying to portray. I like the DOF you've used as it makes it somewhat more dynamic than a pen; also puts emphasis on the flag.

The one thing I don't like though is you can see the platform front and back. It kind of distracts from it.

Very nice, but a closer crop would help.

Does this improve the idea or take away from it? Thanks.

01_19_2009_6764crop.jpg

Not really enjoying the framing. The background has too many lines/reflections and the platform has visible scratches that are very distracting. It looks like you just took a picture of a pen on a counter top.

Plus it looks like the counter is textured, so you don't get a clean reflection. And the DOF is off. I would think you would want the whole pen in focus?

Doesn't look too professional, but I don't know what kind of look you were going for.

The picture is soft. The color is wrong. Idea is good. I'd choose a different color for your base.

-JD-

The picture is soft. The color is wrong. Idea is good. I'd choose a different color for your base.

-JD-

I kind of liked that it matched the walls.. It's actually a $7 cake tier from Wal Mart... I have what I have... Thanks for the critique...

man its a tough crowd tonight..

I hear you.. Nobody comments on the Cross pen with the American Flag emblem, which I paid good money for... thought instilled a nice feeling into the thread title idea... Wow.. Just scratches on the plate and bad color..

Maybe if I had a $50k camera my posts would have more clout...

My dad was a stellar car salesman, and he always had his, "Deal pen," which was the pen he used while on a streak.. When the streak cooled, the pen was trashed in favor of a new pen, like the pen had lost its magic.. Those pens determined what we had for dinner in my childhood, so I always hoped he had a good deal pen..

What I tried to impart with this image was how pens can sink an entire country/world with the deals they sign.. It is a very powerful tool/weapon to be wielded.. And I picked a high-dollar Cross pen with an American flag emblem that I purchased at an airport kiosk while traveling just after 9/11, as I think it was our irresponsible mortgage policies that were inked with pens that started the global economy collapse.. Now look at the picture and give an opinion..

Last edited:
I hear you.. Nobody comments on the Cross pen with the American Flag emblem, which I paid good money for... thought instilled a nice feeling into the thread title idea... Wow.. Just scratches on the plate and bad color..

Maybe if I had a $50k camera my posts would have more clout...

It's a great pen. I liked your concept. The only thing was that I thought the color wasn't very good on your background. If it had been less - pinkish and more red. It would have matched the flag colors of your pen.

It's a great pen. I liked your concept. The only thing was that I thought the color wasn't very good on your background. If it had been less - pinkish and more red. It would have matched the flag colors of your pen.

Please read my edit and edit your response if desired... Thanks..

What I tried to impart with this image

Obviously we didn't get your meaning because your background is distracting. This is a photo forum, not a pen forum. To me that pen looks like a free giveaway at a baseball game. I use cheap BICs to sign deals.

You could've made a $10 lightbox and had a great looking background, even WITHOUT a $50K camera.

If you had it on a desk, or office... that would've made more of an impact to me than a cake box.

Just giving my honest feedback. Isn't that what were all here for?

Last edited:
Take it on a black background and its Goodgame !! I really like it. The black background would make it a wonderful subject/shot !

If this that is the message you are trying to convey, I would possibly try a shot of a hand holding the pen poised to sign some important looking document. Just an idea...

Most reactions

Back