the movie 300 and Lord of the Rings....

Foto Tech

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
... have been trying, reading, experimenting for months (contrast, channels, de-saturation etc etc) but still have not been able to get that look... anyone have any ideas? thanks! :greenpbl:

I know I shouldn't gripe about paying for "actions", especially when people deserve to get paid for their work, but I hate paying for actions.

I could build my own table or service my own engine, but I don't. I prefer to let more experienced people do it, and spend my time doing something else. Once people realize that intellectual work and property are worth something - such as someone creating an action and charging for it - we could finally move into the 21st century in terms of business.

...but I know the feeling - I hate paying for stuff when I think somewhere in my heart that with a little effort and time I might be able to do it myself. That never works out for me though - I just spend a lot of time, and end up unhappy with the end result.

Pay for an action if you find a good one, and believe you'll use it often.

300 and alot of those movies are using several plates to accomplish their effects. The shot of the girl was done underwater and composited in front of a sky plate and a foreground plate. As such, each plate can be adjusted for color, etc. I imagine the only true way to accomplish the EXACT same effect is to cut up the photo so you can do the same effect. Unfortunately, scenes composited in After Effects just doesn't translate well to photography.

For video look into the magic bullet program to make cinematic film look for video and for photos lighting and proper camera setting or photoshop will make it happen.

thanks all for answering & helpin out, u guys rock.... i truly respect the art, creativity & imagination etc of the "makers" who discovered the different looks, i mean thats what makes us all unique... im just tryin to get somethin in the similar direction for fashion/modeling etc ;)

Most reactions

Back