The Movie Thread

mountainlander said:
Saw Wedding Crashers yesterday. My stomach muscles hurt from laughing. Seriously.

My stomach muscles hurt too! That movie was hilarious! :lmao:

Watched Million Dollar Baby last night, had high hopes from all the attention it recieved, but was a bit disappointed. It seemed kind of predictable (and I hadn't heard what happens in it either) and it was also really slow. It took a while to get into, and then it seemed to drag along.

eromallagadnama said:
Watched Million Dollar Baby last night, had high hopes from all the attention it recieved, but was a bit disappointed. It seemed kind of predictable (and I hadn't heard what happens in it either) and it was also really slow. It took a while to get into, and then it seemed to drag along.
yup it did kind of fall into the sterotypical Oscar nod catagory. I found it boring and stupid from midway til the end. I love Eastwood and my fello Mississippian Freeman but what's her anme was dissapointing with that lame as accent.

watch kung fu hustle it's a much better film. Stephen chow is a guru!!

:lol: I know what you're saying about the accent...she was suppposedly from Southwest Missouri...but I know we don't talk like that :lol: I'll let Freeman slide on this one, b/c Shawshank was enough for me to like him forever!

eromallagadnama said:
:lol: I know what you're saying about the accent...she was suppposedly from Southwest Missouri...but I know we don't talk like that :lol: I'll let Freeman slide on this one, b/c Shawshank was enough for me to like him forever!

yeah what was this "bawwss" crap she keep speelin. as for Freeman I've lovedhis acting since his early days on "the electric company" from PBS.

We watched Man on Fire last night and, aside from the camera making us both feel queesy, I really liked the movie. It's one of the few I've seen in a while that gets you tense when the action picks up. Would definately watch again.

I saw Kungfu Hussle the other day. It's really funny. It's best with the English voice overs.

hobbes28 said:
We watched Man on Fire last night and, aside from the camera making us both feel queesy, I really liked the movie. It's one of the few I've seen in a while that gets you tense when the action picks up. Would definately watch again.

It says a a lot that I didn't fall asleep during it and it was later at night when we watched it :mrgreen:

I really did like it a lot. The action was well done, the characters interesting and it was fairly fast paced.

I can't wait till Charlie and the Chocolate Factory comes out (sep 1) here but I'm scared about seeing it. I love the original movie sooooo much....I don't want to be disappointed.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was actually really good - and I was VERY suspicous of Burton before I saw it. Depp actually did really good with it. Some things I liked better about Wilder's character but I really liked this new version!

I saw the Brothers Grimm over the weekend. Good stuff. Pretty mainstream for GIlliam but still pretty cool. I was afraid it was going to be more like Van Helsing since the Wienstien brothers were forcing Gilliams to make certain cuts to the film. It's not Fear and Loathing or Baron Munchausen but it's still a fun film.

Haven't done this in a while but here's a few, just my opinion here...

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: Not as bad as I thought it would be...and there were a few quotable parts, but I still say nothing beats the original...Gene Wilder is the best Wonka and the Oompa Loompas can't be beat.

Bewitched: Wouldnt' wanted to have spent the money for a movie ticket on it, but there was a few funny parts...different role for Will Ferrell...kind of hoped for a bit more stupidity...probably wouldn't watch it again, but if you're bored it'll do

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants: I hated it...the stories drove me crazy and it was obnoxious...I couldn't wait for it to end...the only good that came of this film was a few funny Jimmy Kimmel jokes :)

I LOVED Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... I thought Depp beat the crap out of Gene-boy.
Anyway, 28 Days Later... not a recent movie really, but it's my favorite "Zombie"ish movie. The style of the movie is unique and just awesome. Acting is good, plot is great.

:lol: For a second there I thought you were talking about that crappy Sandra Bullock movie 28 days :)

Most reactions

Back