Cheeky Grin

BWRach.jpg

Bad Hair Day
20080125-DSC_0018-2-2.jpg

Looking Distant

20080125-DSC_working.jpg

Me and the Mrs
DovestoneDannRach.jpg

#1 and #3 (to a lesser degree) look like they've had too much post processing, especially the eyes. #2 on the other hand could use some more. #4 looks spot on.

That was on PP only, about the photos themselves i like #1 and #4.

Thanks for the advice, this was my first attempt at B&W editing.

Good! B&W is nice, just don't overdo it and think that any boring image can be turned into art if you B&W it! :mrgreen: (not related to your photos, just a general observation, it happens)

Another thing, when you have a group of photos that can be considered a series, ie they are related, it is much better if the processing looks the same in all of them. If they have the same look and feel, they make a stronger impression as a group.

In this case, #1 and #3 share the same look, but #2 really stands out. They were all shot together i assume, but #2 looks very different because of the processing. No matter what look you settle at, it is usually better if you process all photos of a series the same way.

This is even more important when it comes to portraits and general people photos. A slight difference in skin tone can look weird, wrong, or just plain distracting, and it doesn't take an expert to notice it, we are all naturally experts adept at looking at humans. Barring artistic processing, one individual's skin must not look different between photos.

All said and done, that is just a general guideline to have in mind. It always comes down to personal preference and taste; you decide how you want your photos to look.

Good! B&W is nice, just don't overdo it and think that any boring image can be turned into art if you B&W it! :mrgreen: (not related to your photos, just a general observation, it happens)

Another thing, when you have a group of photos that can be considered a series, ie they are related, it is much better if the processing looks the same in all of them. If they have the same look and feel, they make a stronger impression as a group.

In this case, #1 and #3 share the same look, but #2 really stands out. They were all shot together i assume, but #2 looks very different because of the processing. No matter what look you settle at, it is usually better if you process all photos of a series the same way.

Thanks for the constructive criticism, all taken on board. I can only improve.:) I hope....:lol:

keep practising your bw

my fave is the last one - due to it being a bit more natural

no.1's cheeky but feel the crop is too tight - nad theres too much nothing in 3 (good expresion tho - was there nothing left in the background of the original pic?)

nice you have solid black and white whites in there

that last advice was good to keep similar processing within a batch - i think youve tried just a bit TOO hard on your conversions

keep it up

Most reactions

New Topics

Back