The Mushroom Hunter

ksmattfish

Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still
Reaction score
Website
www.henrypeach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Recent prints from some shots taken a few weeks ago. It's kind of big, sorry if you have to wait, but this is how I'm displaying it. These small files look very busy; it is much easier to see with each photo at 8"x8".

The Mushroom Hunter
mushroomhunter.jpg

Taken with Ansco Titan MF folder
Ilford HP5+ in Sprint film dev 1:9
scanned from 8x8 Ilford pearl RC

It's kind of big, sorry if you have to wait, but this is how I'm displaying it.

That's right, babe - tell us how it's gonna BE!!! :p (I love this guy)

I wish I could see the larger ones, actually. I know there's lots of detail I'm not able to appreciate from these - but they look great, regardless.

I like them together like this - I think they have more punch than they would if you separated them. #2 being perhaps the standout for me. Beautifully exposed and developed - wonderful B&W! :D

nice ones matt, yeah these would look even more excellent on a larger scale. What time of year is this? B&W here makes it a bit difficult to tell the season.

hrrmm, is he looking for them 'funny kind' of mushrooms? :D

This was taken in spring.

The funny mushrooms grow in cow crap. We were hunting "morels", which is the North American equivalent of truffles. Different in that they grow above the ground, but can't be domesticated, and are very sought after by gourmets.

It's always the same problems trying to get LF and MF to "represent" in a 72 dpi file. In the 8x8 print of the first image you can count the tiny knots in his walking stick, and every leaf is very clear.

Nice pictures Matt. The second one stands out for me but I also like the strip of film effect you gave to all three pictures. It gives it a nice timeline look to it.

Harpper said:
I also like the strip of film effect you gave to all three pictures. It gives it a nice timeline look to it.

It's not always necessary, but I get a kick out of printing negs full frame, and I like the black border. I use a neg carrier cut from black matboard. With this camera the film lettering often overlaps just a bit on the image; I like it because it reminds me of the specific camera as I view the image.

These pics were all taken within an hour of each other, although I doubt they were in this order on the roll. This just seemed like the right order once I saw the prints.

Most reactions

Back