the myth - photographing across racial boundaries

Dew said:
nope havoc ... after my hubby said, "no, im not black." ... the guy hung up the phone :shock:

im black and being around people like this (black or white) makes me uncomfortable .... because someday we will have children (like soon, before i get old :eek:) and they will have to go to school ...

i would feel just the same. our societies need to change conscioussness
- thats my view. but i appreciate economics, politics and religion,
produce situations like that, all around the world.

I figured thats what the guy prolly did. He prolly felt like a fool and didn't know what else to do. On the lighter side (i hope) i hope the "massa" didn't get too mad at you :p

On the lighter side (i hope) i hope the "massa" didn't get too mad at you

How could I :angel: :lol:

Sabrina_face.jpg

ever since we watched the movie Roots the other day .. i've been calling him that .. "massa, can i get you a nice beverage with your meal?"... i hope our neighbors dont hear me, we may get burning crosses in the yard :lol:

You know we have so much baggage left over from our parents. We somehow feel it's shameful to celebrate...much less point out...our differences. It's almost to the point where we're so PC that we've gotten worse about racial things. I'm half Mexican...but people will ask me if I'm "latin" because somehow that doesn't sound racist, but "mexican" does. Folks, Mexico is a place and someone is from Mexico then it's ok to call them mexican.

We all need to lighten up and appreciate the differnces before we lose them. You know it won't be too many generations before we really start to lose differences and how boring will that be?

One of my favorite comedians, Carlos Mencia, does a bit about racism. He says something like, "if I say black people like chicken, and mexican people like tacos, and chinese people like rice....it doesn't make me racist...it makes me hungry".

its kinda like the same thing metroshane ... to say, "black" is a dirty word because some "african-americans" think so

well im a black woman :D and i prefer it to the other term .. and i must say, black folks do love chicken :cokespit: ... now your gonna have people sending me hate mail :eek:

i was just telling my hubby today, after all the bs that black people have gone through and want to do the same things that was/is being done to them ... two wrongs dont make a right :?

... my great uncle was a racist (he died) one time i brought my ex-boyfriend over to the house (who was a white male) ... he didnt respond with a "hello" back .. he ignored him while sitting in the same room :? .. he died many yrs ago .. he never got a chance to meet the hubby .. but if he pulled something like that again .. i would have had to tell him a few things about himself :lol:

Anyone ever watch the Dave Chappelle show?

There was this skit where this leader of the white supremist movement is actually a blind black man. He was such a strong member and wrote books that those close to him refused to tell him he was actually black. One day finally finds out. He moves on and divorces his wife... when asked why he responds "cause she's a ****** lover" :lol:

wasn't it frank zappa who suggested that hydrogen isnt the most abundant
thing in the universe - it's actually stupidity. :D peace..//jack

What's the ugliest part of your body? Your mind. -Frank Zappa

My ancestors came from Hungary and Norway, so I'm pretty much of white european descent, and I love chicken!

Most reactions

Back