The National Guard wants to buy a picture from me and I dont know what to do!

Yeah, I was honest with him too, I told him I don't sell very many images. We talked about stock agencies for a bit and when he asked for what i'd do, I said $250, then he said 175, then I told him $200 and the photo's his he said sounds good to me, email an invoice and mailing address along with the picture.

BTW, it was shot on a D70s and 80-200 f/2.8.

He also said that if the MiG 17 was part of the Nat'l Guard, he'd buy it too for the other page :) oh well, it will still make an awesome print..

2751614542_f56ca42cf5_o.jpg

Trade for open access to photograph some stuff noone else has gotten to see yet, like just a month before it becomes public, that with a years worth of backstage passes should be better then any amount of money.

Demand rights to photograph Ara 51 ;)

Are you getting a copy of the magazine?

Cool stuff. Your work is really good, it's cool to see that you got some recognition for it. That last shot of the mig is freakin' awesome.

Thanks :) Yeah I am getting a copy of the magazine as well next month. I"m excited!

Wait, $200 for single use? Does this mean that they can print it only once in a mag or whatever, and will have to pay you more if they want to print it anywhere else?

$200 for single use seems pretty solid. I'm a bit late to this convo, but I was going to mention I sell rights for single shots of buildings for about $50-100, and that's for essentially as many uses as they like. Since a shot of a plane such as the ones you get seem WAY more rare, I would expect it to be more expensive than some stupid building somewhere. :)

Congrats! Neat thing to add to your photo-resume. :)

I've just had this happen to me. Have no idea how to handle useage rights and all that stuff. Those are great shots. They got a bargin, but at least you got them sold with your name on them. Nice work.

I hope you set a limit on usage and a time limit on when the image has to either be returned, destroyed or the license extended ie; more money

I'd like to know how they found your pic to begin with, care to enlighten?

I imagine they found it on Flickr which, with the recent Getty partnership, is becoming the place to buy stock images. Nice work, and congratulations, Sw1tch!

manaheim, if you dig those pictures you should jump over to airliners.net - some INSANE photographs, like this one of an F-22 creating it's own weather.

Most reactions

Back