The Needles - Revisited

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is one of those places that I can't force myself to drive by without stopping anymore. Adds at least an half hour to every trip to Arizona.

720-needles-mapped.jpg

During this trip I was fortunate to meet a representative for the Mohave Indian Nation. This is known to them in their creation story as "Where the Battle took Place."

why does it look fake

I don't think it looks fake, it looks liek there's cloud cover covering up the mountains

beautiful scene... an oasis... :thumbup:

What a lovely spot! Love the colors,the light blue of the river,the greens yellows and reds. :thumbup: Very nice.

I don't think it looks fake, it looks liek there's cloud cover covering up the mountains

I'm glad that I finally got some clouds in the sky. I've been to this place 5-6 times in as many years and this was the first time it wasn't cloudless for me.

He might be responding to the high color saturation.

However, I like it.

I like to push the colors as far as I can- Thanks.

beautiful scene... an oasis... :thumbup:

Thanks, this was the best of the day.

What a lovely spot! Love the colors,the light blue of the river,the greens yellows and reds. :thumbup: Very nice.

Thanks, and I can never seem to do it justice- I'll keep going back.

Did you use a GND filter? The mountains and sky seem quite dark compared to the very bright and saturated foreground. Certainly looks a beautiful place though!!

No filter. I'd like to try one sometime. It is beautiful though. This trip I found another view of it that is even wilder but doesn't get the river in it. Maybe this fall I'll do some hiking out there. It's already too hot to do it now.

Here's another point of view, took the boat out last weekend. Found some clouds and a view from the beach.

13449-needles.jpg

That's cool. Will we be seeing a Topock Gorge thread?

I like it! You pushed the colors alright, and thats a good thing. It has that slide film sort of look to it. The exaggerated saturation gives this a surreal look. Good job.

Brian

It may look a bit more real with super saturated colors if you take a shot with some Fuji Velvia.

Great spot, but I agree, it does look fake because of the pushed colors.

I like it! You pushed the colors alright, and thats a good thing. It has that slide film sort of look to it. The exaggerated saturation gives this a surreal look. Good job.

Brian

Thanks Brian.

It may look a bit more real with super saturated colors if you take a shot with some Fuji Velvia.

Great spot, but I agree, it does look fake because of the pushed colors.

Thanks for the tip, but I'm happy with it.

That's cool, it just doesn't look like a photo. More like a 3-D rendering. But hey, if you like it that's all that matters.

Most reactions

Back