The New Forest

RobotJam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.robotjam.com
Was walking round the New forest last week and got a few reasonable pictures.
new_forest_1.jpg

new_forest_2.jpg

new_forest_3.jpg

I'd be interested to hear which one people think makes the best image.

"Reasonable"?
For being wood photos (which are harder to take than you would normally think, is what I think) they are really good. I love the saturation in the first. The pano crop helps them a lot, too, I think.
The mysteriousness of the second is also very nice, though all different in feeling from the first --- more mysterious, like I am saying. That is one I would play around with just a bit to see if I could enhance that effect.

lol - I think I prefer 2, the light is a bit more interesting.

Scarlet - You are right its pretty cool as you never really know what are going to find. Also the scenery is so varied.

La foto - they aren't cropped, they are a series of 2 or 3 that I stitched together. I agree with you 2 is my favourite and I will play a bit more with it.

Pano-STITCHED!
WOW, even nicer. I admire everyone who can do that!!!!!! (For I can't.....)

Yeah the light in 2 is interesting, but I like the way the sun has caught the edges of branches peeking out behind dark trunks in 1. it's as they say about tattoos, "one man's Picasso is another man's piece of crap". Not that any of these are crap;)

I like #1 the best and the #3 second. I like the variations of light and color in 1. (Almost expecting to see some hobbits walking about. :) ) In 3 I like how the lower branches of the trees seem to be waving. Backlit lighting on all looks great. Also love the panoramics of them, wish I could afford a pano camera.

I like the third shot best. The first is too overly saturated for me, while the second has too many hot spots. Just personal preference. ;)

The third does it for me because of the more natural tones, plus it has an appealing "fairy tale book" feeling about it. It looks more like a drawing. I think it's just lovely. :)

neat shots! for color, the first is my favorite. for tones (that i like) the second is my favorite. for composition i think the third is my favorite. so it's a tie ;)

Most reactions

Back