the new site revamp

its hard to get a "full" feel from the site with so little to navigate to/from.

one thing for me is the size of the page. for someone viewing it on a smaller monitor/laptop, they might not see a far amount of the design.

overall, from what I could click through, i liked it. it was kinda flashy (not Adobe's Flash) & tech-y and that might deter "wedding shoppers." you have to think about who is actually shopping for the photog for their wedding. i understand the need to stand out, but you also have to still be able to capture the bride's (and her mother's) eye right off the bat. i personally would try to add a little bit of feminine-ness to it.

One thing that turns me off straight away is music which auto-plays. The SAR STUDIOS type at the top can also be improved - try change it to a more professional font and maybe take off the glow around it..

Looks ok overall, but I'm one of the many users who don't have the patience to load flash websites and it just so happens that many photography websites tries to go all flash and end up pretty much looking all the same - or similar at least. However I know it's work in progress so my comments won't be entirely accurate to what I think when it's finished.

Seems the fly-in of the equipment would appeal to photogeeks but not to brides and would-be customers. Makes it more about the gear than the result. I'm also not really sure how the city skyline drop ties in.

I could say more, but honestly... I just don't think the site is terribly cohesive nor does it seem to cover the target audience very well. I'm absolutely not trying to bash your site... trying to be helpful.

Do you have graphic and/or web designers working on this or is it something you are doing yourself?

Most reactions

Back