the new site revamp

Discussion in 'Personal and Professional Photography Websites' started by guitarkid, May 26, 2009.

1. guitarkid

guitarkid TPF Noob!

let me know what you guys think. i wanted to have the typical bride on the front with flowers and such but decided to go with this. it's still a work in progress. i spent all memorial day working on it. all day! i need to add my photos and video.

www.sarweddings.com new site

www.sarproductions.com old site which will be taken down soon

2. twozero

twozero TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    its hard to get a "full" feel from the site with so little to navigate to/from.

one thing for me is the size of the page. for someone viewing it on a smaller monitor/laptop, they might not see a far amount of the design.

overall, from what I could click through, i liked it. it was kinda flashy (not Adobe's Flash) & tech-y and that might deter "wedding shoppers." you have to think about who is actually shopping for the photog for their wedding. i understand the need to stand out, but you also have to still be able to capture the bride's (and her mother's) eye right off the bat. i personally would try to add a little bit of feminine-ness to it.

3. Andrew Sun

Andrew Sun TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    One thing that turns me off straight away is music which auto-plays. The SAR STUDIOS type at the top can also be improved - try change it to a more professional font and maybe take off the glow around it..

Looks ok overall, but I'm one of the many users who don't have the patience to load flash websites and it just so happens that many photography websites tries to go all flash and end up pretty much looking all the same - or similar at least. However I know it's work in progress so my comments won't be entirely accurate to what I think when it's finished.

4. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Seems the fly-in of the equipment would appeal to photogeeks but not to brides and would-be customers. Makes it more about the gear than the result. I'm also not really sure how the city skyline drop ties in.

I could say more, but honestly... I just don't think the site is terribly cohesive nor does it seem to cover the target audience very well. I'm absolutely not trying to bash your site... trying to be helpful.

Do you have graphic and/or web designers working on this or is it something you are doing yourself?

5. guitarkid

guitarkid TPF Noob!

thanks guys, i made changes and have a brand new site, no more cameras there.....

steve