The Next Step After the Camera

jor133d

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello!

I bought my first camera, a Nikon D80 with a flash unit a couple months ago. I have taken my first wedding and some senior photos since that time.

I think it is time to purchase some lighting equipment. I take mainly outdoor location shots, except when it comes to weddings of course, that is mainly indoor.

What are your suggestions for lighting set-ups?

Any advice would help!

Thanks!
Jordan

I'm assuming you mean lens? hehe, I am still a newbie and don't know all the lingo yet.

I bought the kit from a local camera store. The lens I have now (but also hope to get more soon) is the Nikon DX 18-135mm.

well, If you plan on continuing to shoot weddings I would suggest a fast lens be your next purchase. By having a large apeture lens (or fast lens) you won't need a flash as often, but you'll still want a flash.

For lighting I would suggest that you start with a flash bracket, a powerful rotating flash, and a LightSphere.

If you intend to buy a proper strobe setup, I would look at Calumet or Elinchrom monolights and a Vagabond powerpack.

For lighting I would suggest that you start with a flash bracket, a powerful rotating flash, and a LightSphere.

If you intent to buy a proper strobe setup, I would look at Calumet or Elinchrom monolights and a Vagabond powerpack.

Pretty much.

Having fast glass is less of an issue if you shoot in the studio with strobees, since often you'll be shooting stopped down anyway.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back