The non-rainy wedding

mel02monroe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here is a sample of the shots that i took on Saturday at the wedding. This was my first wedding. How are they?

2006_06_18_249a.jpg

2006_06_18_243a.jpg

2006_06_18_161a.jpg

2006_06_18_151a.jpg

2006_06_18_099a.jpg

congradulations you got everything in the shot that was supposed to be. Crops are good and they look okay. If you didn't use fill flash you should give it some serious thought. The eyes are a bit sunken in some of them flash might have helped with that. Otherwise they look pretty good to me.

You can fix the eye thing in the software by the way. I might be the only one who notices though so it might not be a big deal.

Eyes closed in #1. Hate it when that happens. Not bad for your first. Flash might have helped in a couple like scribe said. Good job.

nice sharp shots - very good IMO! especially for a 1st wedding... Can't wait to shoot a wedding one day!... but for now having heaps of fun learning on my 'practice brides' xx ps - what type of camer are you using and what lens for these shots?

Well, I was using a flash, but since it was in the japanese gardens I had to be kind of far away and used my zoom lens for most of the pics, so the flash probably just didn't appear on the people. I have a Nikon D70 and used a 70-300mm most, along with an 18-70mm lens and I rented a 18-70 wideangle for the wedding.

Actually, I was all nervous before the wedding and having problems setting up the camera because I didn't know where they were going to have the wedding within the garden and the lighting differences were extreme. I ended up shooting in Auto mode so that I would be guarenteed to have shots turn out. I feel like a bit of a fraud because i don't ever really shoot in auto... but I am still glad I did.

As for helping those eyes... do you just select the portion around the eyes and lighten it a bit through the photoshop? or was there another way that i can do it?

Thanks for the feedback.

I dont use photoshop but i have a lightening brush that i use to just hit it a couple of times on a low opaque setting so as not over do it. You just want to knock the worst of the shadows out. If the detail isnt there it wont help at all. I would try it, cant hurt to see what happens. You could free hand a circle and do a slight gamma increase but be careful doing it that way. the circle shows up. If you have a freehand brush in photoshop thats the way to go you can move it around like dodging in a darkroom.

I tried it and it help just a little but every little bit helps. Be sure to keep the original seperate in case you dont like it after some thought.

O GOOOD Shots for your first time!! Love number one just wish her eyes were closed... Keep up the good work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back