The (Obligatory) Brick Wall Shot - Share Yours

TriX 120, expired

GRBrick.jpg

Finally posted this to Flickr, and so I'm able to post here.
This bit of brick wall is under a stair and quite plain, but that early morning the light was slanting in and between the glow and the shadows, couldn't resist.
Of course thinking of this theme here at TPF.

morning light on the brick wall

I do that too, John...see a subject and think of the appropriate forum theme here also. Did you think about cloning the conduit out?

Finally posted this to Flickr, and so I'm able to post here.
This bit of brick wall is under a stair and quite plain, but that early morning the light was slanting in and between the glow and the shadows, couldn't resist.
Of course thinking of this theme here at TPF.

morning light on the brick wall

I quite like the curves in the shadows ... and the conduit!:801: @ Dean

I do that too, John...see a subject and think of the appropriate forum theme here also. Did you think about cloning the conduit out?
I had Dean, but decided I rather liked it as it was on the 1/3 of frame and contributed to the shadows and to the general dereliction. You might be surprised at the amount of cloning that was done to leave the conduit pipe standing alone as would a lone tree be on a minimalist landscape. :)

Wow. Very cool.

Thanks, John. No particular reason. This was taken in the shade and I am sure my settings were not great as we were driving around and happened to see the Ibis. I took the photo from inside a vehicle in the middle of the street.

Hmmm...should have edited/cropped out the right side of this one:biglaugh:I blame jet lag;)
Next dog we get will be named Jet Lag. I intend to blame him for a lot of stuff. :)
Saw your response to my question about your other photo. Understand completely.

Most reactions

Back