The official "Put up or shut up" thread

I do most of my shooting on the weekends. Here's one from 3 weeks ago. It was taken at a local antique tractor show.

662306577_RASaN-XL.jpg

Camera: Canon 1D Mark III
Lens: 50mm f/1.2L
ISO: 100
Av: f/5.6
Tv: 1/320
Flash: None

It was a partially cloudy afternoon. I took the shot around 3pm so the sun was starting to get low in the sky.

Here's a "snap shot" taken at my son's first birthday party (mid-sept). I didn't give it my usual treatments, this was shot in RAW, converted to a JPG in Lightroom and posted for the family.

655202938_TRW6z-XL.jpg

Camera: Canon 5D Mark II
Lens: 24-70 f/2.8L
Av: f/7.1
Tv: 1/30
Flash: 580EXII

The shot was taken at night in a darkly lit room with people standing all around. I bounced the flash off the ceiling and walls surrounding my son sitting in his high chair.

I agree all the cameras are roughly the same, a body and a bit of glass, sometimes not even the glass.

Here's a shot from my last model shoot this year taken Aug 30th.

672814811_ke7M6-X2.jpg

Lens: 24-70 f/2.8L
Av: f/9
Tv: 1/80
Flash: 580EXII

This was taken in the same state park as the antique tractor show, just several weeks before the show. My buddy was holding the flash for me. I was crouching and he was standing to my right with the flash.

:lol:

Hehe, thanks for stopping by.

So...

How many threads have we had to endure where we hear two or three different parties go back and forth about how great one body/lens/combo is so much better than the other? How many times have we been told the one brand can't compete with another brand?

How many times have you wanted to see the work of someone who is adamant that their manufacturer of choice produces far better hardware than yours?

We all know it's not the .7th of a point better DXO rating that makes a good image, right? It's the photographer!

How many of us believe, as I do, that Canon, Sony, Nikon, Olympus, Pextax, etc. all make modern and highly capable bodies and all these minute details and bickering about DXO this and DPReview that means so little in the grand scheme of things?

Here's your chance people. Don't tell us how good your hardware is, let's see some recent shots of your work. Tell us about the body, the lens, the settings, conditions, etc. Pic something that showcases great color, sharp focus, great contrast.

This is a photography forum, right? Let's see'em!

Here are a couple of shots I've taken over the course of the last two weekends.

This one I took on Sunday of this week.

Lens: 17-40 f/4L
Av: f/4
Tv: 1/1000
Flash: Canon 580EXII
Conditions: Sunny Sunday afternoon with partial cloud cover. Great day over all. The flash was handheld and camera left, pointing down toward the leaf.

This one I took two weekends ago at a festival:

SNIPPED Photo, no need to post it again

Camera: Canon 1D Mark III

Disclaimer:
This thread isn't intended for anyone in particular and isn't intended to call anyone out. It's meant to be a good spirited thread to showcase your handiwork using your tools of choice. Let's keep it good natured!

1D MkIII | 5D MkII | 17-40 f/4L | 24-70 f/2.8L | 70-200 f/2.8L | 85 f/1.2L| 50 f/1.2L | Alien Bee's | Model Mayhem | Deviant | 

Please Visit: Kwanonians.com

InTempus,
Looking at the text of your post and the multiple,specific references, it's clear your text directly addressed me,and my specific posts, as well as exaggerated the DXO Mark rating I mentioned of the Canon XTi at 15th place sensor-wise, versus a camera rated 5th. Your administer your own forum, Kwanonians,too,right?
This is and was a clear "calling out" of me. Your protestations carry no weight with me. Can you spell disingenuous?

:lol:
InTempus,
Looking at the text of your post and the multiple,specific references, it's clear your text directly addressed me,and my specific posts, as well as exaggerated the DXO Mark rating I mentioned of the Canon XTi at 15th place sensor-wise, versus a camera rated 5th. Your administer your own forum, Kwanonians,too,right?
This is and was a clear "calling out" of me. Your protestations carry no weight with me. Can you spell disingenuous?
Now who is being too sensitive? I wasn't calling you out on anything. My DXO comment had nothing to do with any cite you've given. It seems as though every single person on this forum and others links to DXO sensor reports or references the site. They were doing it long before you got here and are still doing it. There are hundreds of people who post daily to this forum, it's not just you.

Relax a little and try to have some fun. I thought we buried this hatchet. Stop looking for a fight where none exists.

InTempus,

Why argue a moot point? Why not just put up or shut up?

InTempus,

Why argue a moot point? Why not just put up or shut up?
Let's keep it friendly. Derrel was mistaken, and I can see why. He and I have had our differences in the past and I can see how he might take my post out of context. I've sent him a PM trying to clear the air. So lets not poke and prod each other... let's keep the thread good natured.

Please. :)

Let's keep it friendly.

Wow.

I'm not trying to "poke" or "prod" anyone, (except maybe you now ;) ) I'm just trying to get the thread back on track and see what he can do. His argument is moot for this thread, titled (by you) as "put up or shut up". What was not friendly about that that you didn't do yourself first?

Let's keep it friendly.

Wow.

I'm not trying to "poke" or "prod" anyone, (except maybe you now ;) ) I'm just trying to get the thread back on track and see what he can do. His argument is moot for this thread, titled (by you) as "put up or shut up". What was not friendly about that that you didn't do yourself first?
Ok, ok. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back