The official "Put up or shut up" thread

i was testing out the uses of very high iso on my d80
shot with 50mm f/1.8
looks ok, face is kinda soft

DSC_0308.jpg

Man, those are great shots and just look at that gear list. One of the most maligned bodies out there... well, sort of. I mean, how many times have we heard "if you can afford something better than the D40, get it"? Heck, I've even said something similar in the past! :D

Your shots rock man, they have a very professional quality to them. And there you are shooting moving subjects with a camera that has 3 AF points and look at those results. Beautiful.
Thank-you! I'm not sure what to say to this other than ... you were right about your points in the first post. :)

I would say the same about your photos, but I believe it's implied ;)

I do like your photos! Great shots!

Did somebody say action shots?

I am really liking this one. The stance of the Camaro shows the aggressive attitude of a musclecar quite well.

Joe where is that light house? It looks like one I visit often in Pompano beach Florida.

Great Pictures everyone. I will add some when I get home from work.

Joe where is that light house? It looks like one I visit often in Pompano beach Florida.

Great Pictures everyone. I will add some when I get home from work.

Thats the one!!!! ;)

4018046214_8de2f187de_o.jpg

4017358995_6bd9e0d6c7_o.jpg

4018122498_092d7b4c9f_o.jpg

Last edited:
Yep! that is the one. I own a timeshare at Lighthouse Cove resort and come down from West Palm Beach to visit a few times a year. It is about a 15-20 minute walk from the resort.

To those of you who shoot with models, are these paying gigs, or are you paying them? Do you find them at an agency or do you just find random women and ask them if you can take some pictures?

Most reactions

Back