The OL&B

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by nealjpage, Nov 14, 2006.

1. nealjpage

nealjpage multi format master in a film geek package

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Otherwise known as the "Big Red Line," the Omaha, Lincoln, and Beatrice railroad serves only Lincoln, Nebraska's redi-mix concrete plant. Since it never made it to Omaha or Beatrice, Nebraska, the OL&B is also known as "Only Lincoln & Back." This particular car never moved my entire 8 years at the University of Nebraska, which is adjacent to the OL&B tracks.

There you go: a little Nebraska trivia for you.

Comments?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All images shot on Tri-X400, developed with D76 1:1 with my Pentax K1000. Negatives scanned but not Photoshopped.

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Again: no idea what your "darkroom talk" is about (I wish I knew more about that!), but I see that the last two are a bit (much) on the only-grey-side. I think I would have liked to see those more deeply contrasted.

It not applies quite as much to the first since you had the sun in your back for that one, which sure helped. The sun was quite quite bright on that day, wasn't it? Making exposure tricky?

3. nealjpage

nealjpage multi format master in a film geek package

Photos OK to edit
    Yes, i agree. My scanner isn't that great and i can only play with the contrast so much in my scanning software, so it turned out a little "tinny," for lack of a better word. The enlargements work out well, though.

You're doing fine on the lack of "darkroom" talk--it's not really needed, but I thought I'd throw it out there for more information :greenpbl: