The one dollar tripod.

anubis404

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Haha awesome. Picked it up at a dollar store in virginia. It sucks, but hey. You get what you pay for.

Picture2.jpg

Picture3.jpg

Picture4.jpg

Surprisingly it holds up well. Its stable enough not to fall, however the legs like to slowly collapse, and the DSLR is too heavy for it. It kinda droops.

It could hold a flash, but damn that thing is short. LOL

I wouldn't advise using that. :)

Imagine this scenario if you will...

"Oh hey, what a neat skyline..."
<sets up camera on tripod>
<sets up remote shutter release>
<begins taking 30s capture>
17 seconds in...
CRUNCH
CRASH
THUD
SPLASH (river)

Man that $1 tripod just got wicked expensive! ;)

17 seconds in...
CRUNCH
CRASH
THUD
SPLASH (river)

HAHAHAHA, very true.
I had that happen with a friends tripod and it was a 5 footer luckily it wasn't my 40d it was a movie camera, and surprisingly the camera was fine.

addictive lil suckers ain't they?

f2k5ms.jpg

BUT it manages to hold up my mz60 with the 300mm lenses on it :thumbup:

addictive lil suckers ain't they?

BUT it manages to hold up my mz60 with the 300mm lenses on it :thumbup:
Good for you. But let me digress just a moment. I'm not sure how much you paid for you 300mm lens and I'm sorry, but I haven't a clue what a "mz60" is.

However, if I were to put my 300mm lens, camera body and quite possibly a flash mounted, we're talking in the neighborhood of over $3000 dollars. Why on earth would I even think of using a dollar tripod? For that matter, if your gear is $30 dollars, why on earth would you even think of using a dollar tripod?

Just my 2¢.

Pentax users will know what a MZ60 is.. i use pentax gear mainly because they are interchangable with the normal film SLR's and the DSLR (eg: Pentax k200d ). the 100-300 and the 28-80 len's i picked up second hand for a around 200 NZ dollars. both work extremely well and are suited to my needs. i got that lil tripod for extremely low level photography.and it works... you just got to remember NOT to overload it

Last edited:
My first SLR and it's replacement was a Pentax. That was over 30 years ago. So my not knowing what a MZ60 is has little relevence now. Can you remember what you were doing in the mid 1970's? I'm finding it difficult to discern what happened yesterday.

I still don't trust that damn tripod.

17 seconds in...
CRUNCH
CRASH
THUD
SPLASH (river)

Obviously I don't use it near water lol.

My first SLR and it's replacement was a Pentax. That was over 30 years ago. So my not knowing what a MZ60 is has little relevence now. Can you remember what you were doing in the mid 1970's? I'm finding it difficult to discern what happened yesterday.

I still don't trust that damn tripod.

Its made of full metal, and if set up properly its not goin anywhere. It just has a habit of lowering itself and drooping sometimes.

It could hold a flash, but damn that thing is short. LOL

I picked up four of them at a dollar store not too long ago for just that reason; they look like they'd be perfect when you need a low flash placement.

I also removed the top of one of them and epoxied in the base of it. If I can drill it out and tap it 1/4x20, I can use it to add a bit of tilt capability to one of my ultracheap, ultralight stud-on-a-collapsible-stick monopods for use with a P&S.

Better yet, get a 5 cent monopod...find a bolt that fits the connector on the bottom side of the body. Push it into grass/dirt and presto!

I have one of those too. I don't trust it holding up my camera alone because it tilts over a lot. You really do get what you pay for

Most reactions

Back