The Orange Door

fmw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.foodieforums.com
I went out the other day to test my new 45mm wide angle lens for my Mamiya 645. Since I enjoy shooting doors and windows, I shot this very colorful one. Mamiya 645E tripod mounted, 45mm f2.8 lens, f8, 1/30 sec, 120 Fuji Provia 100 film, scanned at 1600 dpi. I was about six feet from the door. The lens appears to be working just fine.

orangedoor.jpg

by now you probably know that i love doors of all kinds ;)

nice shot. very colourful.

yes, on MF 45mm is already wide angle ... *sigh* I always regret not to have an MF camera

Alex_B said:
by now you probably know that i love doors of all kinds ;)

nice shot. very colourful.

yes, on MF 45mm is already wide angle ... *sigh* I always regret not to have an MF camera

Thanks, Alex. On a 6X7, 45mm is a super wide. But on my 645 it is about the equivalent of a 28mm lens on a 35mm camera. The Mamiya lenses are excellent.

The prices of medium format cameras are amazingly low at present. Why not pick up a little system and enjoy it? I bought my system with three lenses for about the price of an average zoom lens for a DSLR. Really, they are very cheap at the moment.

fmw said:
Why not pick up a little system and enjoy it? I bought my system with three lenses for about the price of an average zoom lens for a DSLR. Really, they are very cheap at the moment.

Yes, i realised the drop in price! But I don't have a film scanner for MF, that is a bit sad then when I cannot use my results also electronically.

but I did consider buying a MF system already, maybe I'll do it some day :)

Alex_B said:
Yes, i realised the drop in price! But I don't have a film scanner for MF, that is a bit sad then when I cannot use my results also electronically.

but I did consider buying a MF system already, maybe I'll do it some day :)

Bad excuse. AS you can see, I shared my results electronically. I use an inexpensive flatbed photo scanner - an Epson 2450. The new model costs less than $200. Mine scans up to 4800 dpi but the files are simply too large.

and I bought one that does up to 5x7 for 80 bucks including shipping after the mail in rebate... I just love the darn little thing and its brand new

For eighty bucks you can hardly get 5 rolls of film scanned now. It scans to 4800 but i think that last jump is innerpolated. Even at 2400 a 2x3 neg is huge.

Oh yeah i love the door got a really nice balance to it. Color and compostion wise.

There you go. I think mine was around $150 brand new a few years ago. It will scan 4X5 at a maximum. It would crop 5X7. Since I have no film larger than that, it's fine for me. $80 is a great deal for sure. Scanning film is easy and inexpensive. No excuse, Alex.

Most reactions

Back