The other Art fair reviews

lightandshadow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello dear photography forum,

I wanted to ask if somebody knows about The other Art Fair by Saatchi Art, was thinking about participating in it, but its quite expensive, so was wondering if somebody heard about it or participated. Does it worth it? How is reputation of this fair? Are there opportunities/sells on this fair?

Thank you.
L&S

Wow, $30k for a standard tourist view of half dome. $31k for a picture of a single kid in water. I'm definitely in the wrong end of business. $23k for orange balloon in front of a blue background.

I just might have to join up for this place. Of course have to pass their "committee" get get in.

"There's a sucker born every minute"

the art world is increasingly pay-to-play

you pay for reviews, then you pay for the shows, and you pay for the books, and somewhere in there you get repped and maybe start selling stuff, maybe "make it"

the name of the game is getting grants and awards. so you're spending other people's money

i don't know if anyone is just "getting discovered" any more.

saatchi is reputable, this probably isn't a scam, it's the current state of the biz.

alternate route is to go indie, find your own following (social media etc) and produce your own work and shows and books. plenty of people doing that now and it can work out pretty well. you don't need to kiss as much ass and you don't need as much luck/talent. work's got to be interesting to someone and you have to work like a dog to find your audience.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back