The Other Side of Port Dickson

equinoxe7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Went to PD with a friend(Derek) for landscape. Here are the results. It's an unknown beach, and it's my 1st time at this spot.

panorama01um4.jpg

“I offer images- I conjure memories of freedom that can still be reached- like the Doors, right? But we can only open the doors, we can't drag people through. I can't free them unless they want to be free. Maybe primitive people have less bull**** to let go of, to give up. A person has to be willing to give up everything- not just wealth. All the bull**** that he's been taught- all society's brainwashing. You have to let go of all that to get to the other side. Most people aren't willing to do that.”

- Jim Morrison

Gears:
Canon EOS 350D
EF-S 18-55mm
Cokin P121
Cokin P121m

Settings:
Focal Length: 21mm
Aperture: F/22
ISO-100
White Balance: Cloudy

Edited in RAW(Lightroom) with only saturation increase, contrast and levels adjustments and merged in Photoshop as a 4 shot panorama. Then gave it a boost in sharpening as a final touch to bring out some details in the rocks. The red cast in the sky is because of the effect of stacking two cokin filters together, it's not manipulated!

panorama02xl9.jpg

"I knew the wild riders and the vacant land were about to vanish forever... and the more I considered the subject, the bigger the forever loomed. Without knowing how to do it, I began to record some facts around me, and the more I looked the more the panorama unfolded."
- Frederic Remington

Gears:
Canon EOS 350D
EF-S 18-55mm
Cokin P121

Settings:
5 shots panorama
Shutter speed: 5 sec for each photo
Focal Length: 18mm
ISO-100
White Balance: Daylight

Same as the last shot I tried to keep the main elements of the scene. Thus the daylight white balance with a few tweaks in the color mood - by adding a touch of coolness into the photo, I left out 1 more shot(there's 6 in total) because i realized that the 1st shot has a few really distracting stuffs in it, thanks to me not paying enough attention to the whole composition. Overall, im still happy with the results.

panorama03uv7.jpg

“Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm” - Unknown

Gears:
Canon EOS 350D
EF-S 18-55mm
Cokin P121

Settings:
5 shots panorama
Shutter speed: 5 sec for each photo
Focal Length: 21mm
Aperture: F/13
ISO-100
White Balance: Cloudy

3rd panorama of the series. I tried to follow the series's idea by trying to record the scene and maintain everything in the elements as what i shot in camera. But i changed a few things in this one. I've added a cooling filter effect in cs3 and then darken the sky a little bit more to add some drama, as one Cokin P121 wasn't enough to bag the mood into the shot. Overall, the results are just what I wanted to show here.

islands1px7.jpg

“The three great elemental sounds in nature are the sound of rain, the sound of wind in a primeval wood, and the sound of outer ocean on a beach”
- Henry Beston

Gears:
Canon EOS 350D
EF-S 18-55mm
Cokin P121
Cokin P121m

Settings:
Shutter speed: 1/2 sec
ISO-100
White Balance: Auto White Balance

This one was one of the early shots before the sun sets. This is a different location(which Derek decided to stay at), and its the 1st location that we decided to shoot. But later that day i decided to move away as I thought there sure other location for shooting too, and I did not regret. The mood wasn't okay enough in this shot. So in the end of my editing I just decided that I want exaggerate stuffs by applying an orange graduated filter to give an extra kick to the whole scene. So well, this is the results.

islands2cu2.jpg

“It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinions; it is easy in solitude to live after your own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude”

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gears:
Canon EOS 350D
EF-S 18-55mm
Cokin P121
Cokin P121m

Settings:
Shutter speed: 1.6 sec
ISO-100
White Balance: Shade

Shot this while I was on my way to another location(when I moved away from where Derek is standing). There's a dead jelly fish nearby this area. The thought of picking it up and putting it onto the rock to add compo keeps lingering in my mind, but i'm just to scared to even touch it(it's a jelly fish!). The editing for this one was really pretty simple, a bit of sharpening and some saturation boost. And I kinda like the flare, it adds drama to the whole thing(for me at least).

pd01os0.jpg

This photos ends the series. Hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I do. ^_^

cheers,
Luke

Most reactions

Back