The Outing

Jesser

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These are some pictures from my first photo outing. I'm a little lost at figuring out what makes a good picture, so let me know what I did right and what I did horribly wrong.

IMG_1898.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

IMG_1974.jpg

Thank you!!!!!!

Jesser said:
These are some pictures from my first photo outing. I'm a little lost at figuring out what makes a good picture, so let me know what I did right and what I did horribly wrong. Thank you!!!!!!
You determine what makes a good photo ;) You should shoot things that you have an interest in. Even though others may not be particularly interested in the shot, that doesn't mean it's not good.
In this case, you took some good shots :D I especially like #1.

A good shot is one that you are pleased with :thumbup: .. one and two are especially nice

You are daring enough to choose some points of view that are exceptional - that alone shows that you have got a good eye for things and "see" them in a manner that we would not normally do. That alone makes your photos "your" photos, which is good.

Then you apparently had a good feeling for the time of day that offers itself best, you went out when the sun set to capture the feel, atmosphere and light of that part of the day. Another plus.

In your second photo here, I am not so sure I like the chosen foreground, it looks like one that could have been nice without getting this low to have the twigs in the foreground, too.

But I sure like your DOF and POV (funny abbreviations, took me a while to get these :D) in the fourth, what with the colourful sky and the rising fog only being the "background canvas" to the silhouetted plants in the foreground. Your fourth picture is my personal favourite.

Thanks for the support and all the tips, everyone. I feel a lot more confident with my style. Thanks especially to LaFoto for sharing your wisdom and honesty!!

yea great pics, think you did well here...im a fan of number 1 too :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back