The Painter

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
again, just one image:

_MG_8465.jpg

I wish the cars weren't there and there was a river or a horse-drawn carriage instead... but we can't have everything, can we? ;)
Nice shot.

I wish the cars weren't there and there was a river or a horse-drawn carriage instead... but we can't have everything, can we? ;)
Nice shot.

well, I especially hate the red car :(

but then again it gives a nice contrast to what he is drawing....

I tried different perspectives.. but the cars were always visible ;)

Good eye for a shot, Alex. We get to see how the artist interpreted the scene. I like it. (Yeah, I would have preferred the cars weren't there, but what can ya do?)

Good eye for a shot, Alex. We get to see how the artist interpreted the scene. I like it. (Yeah, I would have preferred the cars weren't there, but what can ya do?)

I'm sure Alex is way ahead of me on this, but I think I would have tried to use the canvas to block out the cars. Looks awkward to have done though, unless the artist did some leaning, but then it wouldn't be candid. Close. Looks like the painter has some talent also.

Thanks all :)

I'm sure Alex is way ahead of me on this, but I think I would have tried to use the canvas to block out the cars. Looks awkward to have done though, unless the artist did some leaning, but then it wouldn't be candid. Close. Looks like the painter has some talent also.

Tried that, looks awful. I could only hide the red car, and still all the shots looked like I got the wrong and unpleasing perspective.

The painter was not a paid model, so I could not tell him to move ;) I only got allowance to take pictures of him, but not to command him :p

Thanks all :)

Tried that, looks awful. I could only hide the red car, and still all the shots looked like I got the wrong and unpleasing perspective.

The painter was not a paid model, so I could not tell him to move ;) I only got allowance to take pictures of him, but not to command him :p

Nice shot things being. I get too frustrated taking pictures of people, and they get too frustrated having me take pictures of them.

I get too frustrated taking pictures of people, and they get too frustrated having me take pictures of them.

well, the former easily happens ;) .. so I do not do it very often either ...

See, I like the cars in this shot! I think it's interesting to see how the artist is painting that very scene without the cars. Just my opinion but I like it. :) Have you tried darkening the left side of the painting just a tid? It's kinda blown out, but thats just a small detail I suppose.

:) Have you tried darkening the left side of the painting just a tid? It's kinda blown out, but thats just a small detail I suppose.

Well, I have several exposures of this scene, it was hard to get that painting OK-ish in both bright and dark part of it since the sun was way too harsh ;)

darkening here might look fake easily ...might give it a try though

not bad I would say ...

I think the picture would have turned out better if you snapped it from the opposite side, with the background matching his painting.

I think the picture would have turned out better if you snapped it from the opposite side, with the background matching his painting.

that was not an option, hundreds of tourists walking up that hill so you could not see what he was painting unless you took a loooong time.

also that side was totally in the shade and had other nasty issues.

Most reactions

Back