The Palace

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just had this scanned today. I turned in this exact photo for class this semester. It was my first attempt at night photography. I recieved a grade which I was happy with, but would like you all to grade it for me. Out of 100 what grade would you give, and why???

Palace.jpg

Just a note before anyone responds, I just changed it to totally black and white, because for some reason there was a redish tint to it. Must have been due to scanning. Okay critique away!

I definitely agree with you! Does anyone know if there is a way to go about PSing it? Oh and if adjustments need to be made, please feel free to do so, it doesn't bother me!
Thanks for the feedback mistakendavis!

the only thing is that the tree takes so much away from the subject and thats really hard to take out or at least minimize effectively in PS. what would be great (and what i usually do) is take two differently angled pics. like the one you see, then move 5 feet or so to the left and snap again as best as possible keeping the position. then you can take stuff out like the branches and use the other photo for masking and stuff. but that is SOOOO time consuming. :O but it works really well, esp. if you HAVE to get a specific shot, like for class.

mistakendavis said:
i wish there was more detail in the darks such as the tree and the building outline.

i agree, but i love the tones highlights, and subject. :thumbsup:

At first I wasn't sure about all those branches, now I like it, kinda gives it a creepy feel. Seems the more I look at it the more I like it. Good job.

Even though you can make out "Palace", I wish it was more visible. Instead of the viewer trying to look around the branches which he can't. Yeh and as everyone else said, more detail would definitely get my two thumbs up. Great shot.

Most reactions

Back