The Passing of a Son

Condolences for the tragic loss of your son Jeff. Our thoughts are with you.

Just over a week ago, my son Daniel passed unexpectedly. He was 30 years old. For the past fifteen years he struggled with mental health and addiction (they go hand in hand), and he lost that battle. I had to break into the bathroom and pull him out into the hallway so that we could administer CPR while waiting on the paramedics. Now I am collecting my thoughts and my memories of him. Hug those around you, and walk with those who struggle through life, because even if they are a mess, they need people to be there with them. I will miss Daniel greatly but I know that he is now free of his pain and is in a much better place. Rest in peace, Daniel; you will be always in my heart.
Very sorry to read this, my sincere condolences to you and your family.

Just over a week ago, my son Daniel passed unexpectedly. He was 30 years old. For the past fifteen years he struggled with mental health and addiction (they go hand in hand), and he lost that battle. I had to break into the bathroom and pull him out into the hallway so that we could administer CPR while waiting on the paramedics. Now I am collecting my thoughts and my memories of him. Hug those around you, and walk with those who struggle through life, because even if they are a mess, they need people to be there with them. I will miss Daniel greatly but I know that he is now free of his pain and is in a much better place. Rest in peace, Daniel; you will be always in my heart.
I missed this post when it was first posted. I’m so sorry for the loss of your son. I went through similar with my best friend; who was more of a best friend, kid, overprotective big brother and “spare” husband (those who didn’t know always assumed we were married) all rolled into one. I unfortunately would walk in on him attempting to hang himself or would need to call the police when he’d go sit on the train tracks; unfortunately there’s only so much you can do as well. I lost him just over 5 years ago but it still feels like it was just a few days ago. When I see something he would want to photograph my first thought is still “I gotta call Dave to let him know about this place” until I remember I can’t call him. It slowly (very slowly) gets better but never goes away. Always try to think of the good times you had with him.

I missed this post when it was first posted. I’m so sorry for the loss of your son. I went through similar with my best friend; who was more of a best friend, kid, overprotective big brother and “spare” husband (those who didn’t know always assumed we were married) all rolled into one. I unfortunately would walk in on him attempting to hang himself or would need to call the police when he’d go sit on the train tracks; unfortunately there’s only so much you can do as well. I lost him just over 5 years ago but it still feels like it was just a few days ago. When I see something he would want to photograph my first thought is still “I gotta call Dave to let him know about this place” until I remember I can’t call him. It slowly (very slowly) gets better but never goes away. Always try to think of the good times you had with him.
Thank you! Yes, it is a very slow process of healing, but healing happens. Sorry for your loss, it is never easy.

Sorry for your loss Jeff

Most reactions

Back