The past 48 (Pic heavy)

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well my typical Monday/Tuesday off, spent a little over 25 hours in 48 doing what I do. Lots and lots of pictures and many species. Comments welcome and thanks for looking..

George Jr 6_29 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Branching Eaglet 6_29 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

American Oyster Catcher 1 6_30 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Purple Martin 6_30 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Barn Swallow in Flight 6_29 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Around the Osprey nest 6_29 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Yellow Crowned Night 2 6_30 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Around the Osprey nest 2 6_29 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Baby Deer 6_30 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Love the deer! Looks like a large insect or maybe a hummingbird (??) is in between them. The foot shadow on the inside of the wing on the night heron is an interesting detail. The oyster catcher is an interesting bird...I'd like to see more photos of that species.

Love the deer! Looks like a large insect or maybe a hummingbird (??) is in between them. The foot shadow on the inside of the wing on the night heron is an interesting detail. The oyster catcher is an interesting bird...I'd like to see more photos of that species.
Thanks D, It was large bees for sure. I was pretty surprised about the crappy Canon sensor.. This one was at ISO 2500. I was on a 16 foot run about on long island sound being pushing by tide and rocking a bit. There was a very small rocky outcropping where I saw 5 of the Oyster catchers...
American Oyster Catcher 2 6_30 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

All of these are awesome of course, but #6 is the awesomest.... Maybe ever.

I'm guessing those oystercatchers use that long, long bill to poke into oysters, almost like an oyster knife, and maybe eat away at the oyster in its shell. Thanks for posting the second shot. I find those birds beautiful, in an odd way...such strange coloration they have. I don't think we have this species here in the far west, but I'm not very knowledgeable about birds.

Thanks everyone!
That osprey shot is just stunning, but then your work usually is!
Usually? :p lol.. Thank Raj
I'm guessing those oystercatchers use that long, long bill to poke into oysters, almost like an oyster knife, and maybe eat away at the oyster in its shell. Thanks for posting the second shot. I find those birds beautiful, in an odd way...such strange coloration they have. I don't think we have this species here in the far west, but I'm not very knowledgeable about birds.
Looks like the left coast has Black Oystercatchers.. Black Oystercatcher Identification All About Birds - Cornell Lab of Ornithology Yup, the bill gives it away..

All of these are awesome of course, but #6 is the awesomest.... Maybe ever.
Superb Sweetness! Really loving the double Osprey and the double Bambi.
Thank you JR and B!

Nice! trade you a greenie for oystercatcher.

Most reactions

Back