The people on this forum make me sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellow ant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The people on this forum make me sick with jealousy as they are so good. Most photos are simply stunning compared to anything I can compose.

At the moment not sure if they inspire me to learn more and try to become better, or, to just give up and look at other peoples photos and skills.

Inspiration is good

Giving up is bad

I suck at it too, which is why I don't post many photos, but I keep going.

It's not as hard as you think. Photography is basically the land of over thinking. Relax, trust that it's mainly pretty simple. If something seems hard or impossible, you're probably just looking at it the wrong way, or reading really terrible explanations (lots of those on the web)

Have a look at mine then you'll feel better about yours :p:D

"If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff." – Jim Richardson

"Of course it’s all luck." – Henri Cartier-Bresson

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." - Dorothea Lange

At the moment not sure if they inspire me to learn more and try to become better, or, to just give up and look at other peoples photos and skills.
This was written as if the two are mutually exclusive. They're not. Look for inspiration, then practice.

Photography is basically the land of over thinking.
I think that world is a bit crowded. I have spent many, many hours on a single one-purpose map, trying to get things "just right."

Last edited:
i suck too, and post my photos to make other people feel better about sucking.
In the words of ZZ Top: "And I thank you." ;)

Oh yay. We have flurries!

Shoot, shoot and shoot some more. I know I'm not good but occasionally I get lucky because I'm prepared to get lucky! Having a basic technical understanding of the camera and how it captures light lets you get the shot when it happens. If you're a person with artistic ability and creativity you can create the scene and then capture it but some of us are destined to remain photojournalists forever. If "it" happens I can get the shot, assuming I recognize "it"......................

Flickr DennyBeall s Photostream

Feb 11:
That or hopefully from the photos on the website or posted here and with the discussion on the forum people can work it out. The best things come with a bit of effort and this certainly looks worthwhile. The results are stunning, as you can see.

Feb 21:
The people on this forum make me sick with jealousy as they are so good. Most photos are simply stunning compared to anything I can compose.

That's quite an attitude change in 10 days. I thought your results were in your own words "stunning" and you believed that "the best things come with a bit of effort"?

Modesty is an important part of the learning process and losing the pride and attitude will help. I'm right there with you, the immense experience of some of the people here is intimidating but it's also quite flattering when they choose to help me improve. You may want to resurrect your opinion about effort. :)

EVERY photographer sucked when they first started. No one picked up a camera and was instantly a technical wizard or artistic genius. Not only that but there is the post processing too. Photoshop is another thing is to learn and masters and this, like photography takes many years to grow in, expand and develop your techniques.

Unfortunately society today is very much impatient. We want everything today, right now. Fast downloads. Fast food. Next day delivery. If you accept the fact that everyone who is producing good quality work has had to go through many evolutions and transformations, then you won't get so frustrated.

Equally though, the reason why so many photographs suck today is because of a lack of forethought, inspiration and artistic interpretation. There are several articles on my site that talk about these types of issues. Try working your way through some of them and it might help you understand the processes involved more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back