terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...no, not like that, ya pervs! :p

I am referring to some of the talented people we have here on this forum, and what a learning experience it would be for me just to be able to watch them do their thing. For instance:

I'd love to spend time watching Ksmattfish in his darkroom, processing a few rolls of film and some prints. I have no doubt I would learn more from watching him in 3 hours than I did during my couple of months in darkroom class. (Oh, and when he wasn't looking, I'd steal his Widelux, too :twisted: )

And I'd love to watch Anua while she's doing one of her amazing wood prints. Have you all seen her work?? If not, head over to the Alternative section and look for her thread on wood prints. Her stuff is amazing, and beautiful! I'm into that kind of thing and I know I'd learn a lot from her.

And while you're there, check out Hobbes' SX-70 manipulations. He keeps getting better and better. His talent shows best when he takes images of everyday objects, and manipulates them into images of surreal beauty. I'd love to watch his technique.

And finally, I would love to tag along during one of mad Voods' and Malachite's nighttime desert shoots. Between the two of them they have come up with beautiful time exposures as well as the crazy light-painting thing they do. I'm still not sure what those boys are smoking out there, but I'd love to be along and watch them in action.

I could go on, but....it would be interesting to hear from others. Who would you most like to watch work, and why? We have such a wealth of talent here, don't we? :D

Just a point, this is what I was aiming at with my magazine, a chance to see how they do it...but sadly, not one person has written me an Article yet, and Im no where near skilled enough to do it myself.

Wow...there are so many of you I'd love to watch, and Terri, I think you are first on my list! But, really, I couldn't even begin to write a list, cuz I'd love to spend time learning with just about each and everyone of you!

All right, I'll make a list Terri, but I know I'm going to be adding to it because there is SO much talent here.

I would love to hang out with jonmikal and get some awesome shots of our capital city. His work never ceases to amaze me.

Also, MarkC would be awesome to follow around at a wedding. I'd be happy to just carry his equipment and watch him work.

Digital Matt and Photobug would also be people I want to learn from. Landscapes aren't something I have given a lot of time to and I do admire their work.

And of course Voods and Malachite go without saying. They will have their own little fan club at JT.

Oh, and the little work that I have seen from Chase was stunning and I would love to see more.

my first vote goes to KSMATTFISH!!!! man what a talent that guy has! :lol:

second vote goes to VOODOOCAT, teach me the ways of photoshop oh blonde one... :wink:

md

Oooh, here's one I wanna mention, besides everyone that everybody already mentioned...

I've always wanted to get better at capturing the moment when it comes to people...so..Tuna has my vote as well.

Artemis said:
Just a point, this is what I was aiming at with my magazine, a chance to see how they do it...but sadly, not one person has written me an Article yet, and Im no where near skilled enough to do it myself.

I'm going to start on some for you this week. Haven't forgotten ya there matey. ;)

Terri, I don't hold a candle to your manipulations and would love to see you or Orie do an emulsion lift.

I'd like to see Voodoocat and Malichite do a desert shot too.

Chase, ya need to post some more and I'd like to see you takin them and workin with the forum.... then again, maybe not the latter. ;)

Jadin and Jonmikal, you two have the most interesting subjects and angles and I'd like to see the two of you walking around looking at stuff, trying to figure out the best approach.

I always wanted to see Alison taking pictures of people like she does and, luckily, I have gotten to and it's just as good as you'd think.

Come to think of it, I'd like to see the way everyone here approaches the subject and how everyone looks at the world through their own photographer eyes. That would be interesting.

So I think Orie lives closest to me. so Id love to go to her house and watch her work in the darkroom, Ive always secretly admired how much grain her prints have, I just dont think Ive ever mentioned it. Maybe we could do a couple of emulsion lifts too!

After that, Id head down to AZ, and do one of those overnight excursions (That everyone wants to do) with Voods and Malachite, just because they come back with so much cool stuff, and the star trails just look so awesome.

I guess from there its off to Aunty Terri's house so I can pick her brain about all things Polaroid. Being as it was pretty much all of her work, that I saw in the Alterative Techniques thread, shes the GOD of Polaroid to me!

And I guess while Im doing this I might as well head back to NZ and see Vonny, and how the hell he does what he does with his beachscapes :shock: Those things are unreal!

let me think about it....... (don't be mad if I'll forget somebody :D)

Ksmattfish for his overall film knowledge plus great images.

Tuna for all the "alternative" cristall clear b&w shots.

Anua for her great ideas, subjects etc.

Pilgrim for his amazing leaf shots, bunnys and so on :)

Serendipity haven't seen much from him but I like what I saw.

and so on and so on (never ending list :))

Shark said:
Nobody wants to see me (and I don't blame 'em!) :LOL:

LMAO Shark. The only one that wanted to see me was Hobbes, nuff said. How 'bout we go follow around MarkC together?

im not the best...but i can bet you we would have fun on my photo trip!!

md

So I think Orie lives closest to me. so Id love to go to her house and watch her work in the darkroom, Ive always secretly admired how much grain her prints have, I just dont think Ive ever mentioned it. Maybe we could do a couple of emulsion lifts too!

Kara! Go check out Orie's latest in the darkroom section....she has one of fog over the Golden Gate bridge, it's grainy and mysterious and it floored me!! Beautiful work!

Hobbes, thank you. I think the entire Polaroid gang would love to have a day doing our lifts and manipulations together, and helping each other along.... :sillysmi:

Nobody wants to see me (and I don't blame 'em!)

John! You are so wrong! Your tank images are amazing, in case I've never mentioned it. I'd be afraid to try it, thinking I'd get glare or ruin it some other way. I would love to sit and watch you go, my friend. :D

Most reactions

Back