The "Pet Peeve" Dump

dennybeall

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.citrusphotorestore.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How about starting a thread for some of the folks on here that have pet peeves and ATTACK others because their pet peeve was involved.
"let me GOOGLE that for you" or "DPI not PPI" or "let me remind you there is a SEARCH feature on here"...
Instead of attacking the OP the person could just jump to this thread and post their attack. That way they would feel better and the OP would perhaps come back to The Forum instead of running kicking and screaming to someplace else.
What do you all think?

My pet peeve is everyone else's having pet peeves.

I don't speak acronym. Thank you.

And yes I think it is funny if you insist that what you said was in English.

Don't we have a Rant section?
you shoulda' searched for that section first before posting.
:)

I only have one pet peeve and it's drivers who leave too much space between them and the car in front of them in bumper to bumper traffic. MOVE UP!!!!!! oops sorry, not what this thread is about but just got back from dropping a friend off at the airport and still experiencing some post traffic road rage.

Do peeves make good pets, and are they more active than my ferrets?

How about starting a thread for some of the folks on here that have pet peeves and ATTACK others because their pet peeve was involved.
"let me GOOGLE that for you" or "DPI not PPI" or "let me remind you there is a SEARCH feature on here"...
Instead of attacking the OP the person could just jump to this thread and post their attack. That way they would feel better and the OP would perhaps come back to The Forum instead of running kicking and screaming to someplace else.
What do you all think?
This is odd; I was just chatting with someone about this kind of thing! And here you are, offering up such a lovely solution. ;) I don't think for a moment that anyone would actually do it, but I like your style.

I only have one pet peeve and it's drivers who leave too much space between them and the car in front of them in bumper to bumper traffic. MOVE UP!!!!!! oops sorry, not what this thread is about but just got back from dropping a friend off at the airport and still experiencing some post traffic road rage.

They DO move up. Even when there's 50 cars ahead of them, all stopped at a read light, they insist on creeping forward a few inches, then stop again. Then creep ahead a bit more, then stop. Then creep ahead a bit more, then stop again. Then creep ahead a bit more, then stop again. Then creep ahead a bit more, then stop again. Then creep ahead a bit more, then stop again. Then creep ahead a bit more, then stop again. Then, when the car in front of them actually starts to move, they're too busy checking their hair or dinking around with their cell phone or digging in their purse they just sit there.

What do you all think?
In my Duolingo Spanish lesson today I learned the following idiom: Cada loco con su tema. The translation was given as "to each his own" but it literally means "every crazy person has their issue." Odd that would be in my lesson the day of this post.

People who "bump" their own threads on here. They don't get that people have seen it, no one cares move on

They DO move up. Even when there's 50 cars ahead of them, all stopped at a read light, they insist on creeping forward a few inches, then stop again. Then creep ahead a bit more, then stop. Then creep ahead a bit more, then stop again. Then creep ahead a bit more, then stop again. Then creep ahead a bit more, then stop again. Then creep ahead a bit more, then stop again. Then creep ahead a bit more, then stop again. Then, when the car in front of them actually starts to move, they're too busy checking their hair or dinking around with their cell phone or digging in their purse they just sit there.

Hahahaha I probably qualify. My car has a manual transmission, and in summer traffic around here I like to keep a couple car lengths in front of me so I don't have to ride the clutch and first gear too much. I'd much rather leave space and never have to stop rolling. Don't worry though, people like y'all cut me off all the time 'cause they see the space. ;)

In all seriousness though...I drove in stop and go traffic for 45 miles on Sunday (mm 20 in on I95 in Maine to I495 in Mass.) My feet and legs were killing me by the time I could actually drive. It might be time to give up my sporty little Mazda.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back