the pet peeves thread

sarallyn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
what irks you?

mine;
- putting the word "photography" at the end of your screen name (just a heads up -- this is a photography forum. hence, the photo forum. we know you're into photography, don't worry). those screen names can be insanely long.
- the show, "greatest american dog". basically it's like big brother, but with dogs in clothing.
- insanely big watermarks on snapshots
- nancy grace having her own tv show... or existing at all.
- the nannies on those shows with the screaming brats -- if I wanted to watch a show with snot-nosed, screaming, trashy kids, i'd take up babysitting.

...sorry if this is inappropriate... :oops:

Last edited:
People i've never heard of storming off to other photography sites.

People in Walmart (or other department stores) that see you coming down the aisle and keep their carts and bodies in the middle of the aisle until you say "Excuse me".

People in Walmart (or other department stores) that see you coming down the aisle and keep their carts and bodies in the middle of the aisle until you say "Excuse me".

true that.

If I'm in a museum, and I can spot from the other side of the room a black and white photo printed on an inkjet, I have a really fantastic desire to rip it off the wall.

Crikey...I almost spit out my tea.
17.gif

If I'm in a museum, and I can spot from the other side of the room a black and white photo printed on an inkjet, I have a really fantastic desire to rip it off the wall.

that actually happens? does a b/w photo look better in ink, or are the people just incompetent? i'm being completely serious... i'm curious. :oops:

HAHAHAHA.

People who rarely post their work here, yet complain about (or laugh at) the low quality of other people's work. A first-semester psychology student would have a field day with any of them.

that actually happens? does a b/w photo look better in ink, or are the people just incompetent? i'm being completely serious... i'm curious. :oops:

Sometimes they really do stick out like sore thumbs. The NC Art Museum currently has a series of three inkjet bw photos by one artist. I spotted them from about 60 feet away and winced the entire walk over to them, only to discover that yes, they were in fact inkjet prints.

To me, inkjet has a completely different look. The image sits on top of the paper. With chemical prints, the image is in the paper.

To me, inkjet has a completely different look. The image sits on top of the paper. With chemical prints, the image is in the paper.

ah, alright. i've never really seen a b/w photo nicely mounted that wasn't developed traditionally.
i'll make sure I do all my b/ws myself from now on (not that I would use ink, anyway). :)

:lol: 10 points.

oooo... a pet peeves thread... lessee how many pet peeves I have that I can rattle off in 5 minutes... This should be interesting.
  • People that name their children a nickname instead of the full and proper name (like naming the kid Jonny instead of Jonathon)
  • People that name their kids with bizarro spellings like Cahthrynnne (gotta be sure to toss in at least 3 ns, and extra e and bonus points for silent Q)
  • When you let people walk across the street in front of you car and they saunter as though they have nothing better to do with their time than to burn yours.
  • When you slow down to let someone into traffic on the road but they are not actually paying any attention and you wind up either sitting there looking stupid or waiting far too long for them to realize.
  • "Web 2.0"... what the hell was Web 1.0? Do you have that on CD media that I can install somewhere? When is Web 3.0 coming out???? Loser.
  • Pretty much anyone who rattles off some technology buzzword that they have no idea about. See: Information Superhighway, Web 2.0, etc.
  • "Intranet". Here's the thing. "An intranet" is just a fricken marketing term for AN internet. Look it up.
  • Marketing people.
  • Poorly written surveys that ask you questions that lead you to a specific answer that they are hoping you will give.
  • Anyone that thinks Thomas Kincade paintings are "real collectors items" and "A THOMAS KINCADE ORIGINAL!"
  • Anyone who dares utter the phrase "My job is to keep the trains running", to which my immediate response would be "You are fired."
  • People who ask your opinion, but really don't want it.
  • People who put ellipses where they don't belong.
  • People who use more than three periods for an ellipsis.
  • People who send plain Word documents as email attachments instead of just putting the text in the email in the first place.
  • People who put my email address in any sort of on-line web form to send me things I don't need like "Hallmark Online Greeting Cards", therefore signing me up for spam.
  • Adobe.
  • Apple.
  • Sony.
  • Microsoft.
I could go on like this for hours.

Yes, I'm just a bundle of love.

My wife thinks I'm absolutely whacked.

She's likely right.

People that have nothing better to do than ***** about what everyone else is doing. (This is a big problem at my job. People will spend ALL DAY trying to find someone doing something "wrong" so they can go run & tell the boss (who usually doesn't care).)

Obliviots - persons who are oblivious to their surroundings, and oblivious to the fact they are oblivious; usually accompanied by sense of being the center, and sole occupant, of the entire universe

The whole "It's not my fault, I'm a victim" mentality that has infected society. Suck it up, admit you were wrong and move on.

People who refuse to make a decision, no matter how small. Especially upper management at work.

You're much more polite than I am.

"Hey, move your fat redneck butt off to the side and I might manage to squeeze my remarkably healthy body through. And quit drooling on the chocolate covered pork rinds."

what irks you?

Oh, the possibilities:

1. having to work for a living.
2. TV. Anything on it. Period.
3. The realization that, as I get older, I have to eat less, exercise more, and take pills to feel as good as I did 20 years ago after a long night of drinking.
4. receding hairlines, especially when pulling out pictures from 20 years ago.
5. an addiction to expensive hobbies
6. wandering around for two hours in the desert for the perfect shot, finding it, and then watching a thunderstorm move in 40 miles away covering up my fantastic sunset. God hates me.
7. wandering for two hours in a bar, asking pretty girls to model nude for me and getting chased by their irate boyfriends. Although, admittedly, it does help with #3. :D
8. an addiction to expensive, dangerous hobbies with no money
9. buying a nice dSLR a year ago only to have it soundly trumped by a new dSLR with 50% more pixels and $100 cheaper than I paid for mine.
10. reading about some old retiree who just won my Powerball jackpot but will probably keel over from a heart attack when he gets his first bank statement and sees all of those zero's.

I'm sure I'll have more... :wink:

Most reactions

Back