the pet peeves thread

I've been trying really hard to let go of my pet peeves. The one pet peeve that I cannot let go are LAZY people.

I know (even friends) a few.. drives me absolutely nuts.

Hypocrites... just told some girl off who used to be my friend because of it. lol, she didn't like hearing the truth too much it seems, eh oh well

People wearing black Ray-Bans
Jonas Brothers
Wind when skiing
People in class who give the stupidest answers possible

I think we all would be better off throwing our peeves in the trashcan considering like 95% of the Peeves here are about other people and things we can't change. So it dosen't do us any good to get our pants in a bunch, because that can make us more obnoxious which then peeves off someone else and the cycle never stops.

Oh ! another I have is when people like to play Psychologist and tell me what to do with my pet peeves. ;)

haha well its the truth, we can either run around being irrate, grumpy, bitter old hags, or we can shrug off the stuff we can't change and be happier. Small things add up to big things and can make the world a miserable place for yourself and other people.

Here's a pet peeve that affects EVERY father on Christmas mornings and at birthday parties. The dang packaging of toys! Is it really neccessary to stitch every freakin strand of Barbie's and Poly Pocket's hair into a chunk of cardboard? Is Mattell really losing that much money to shoplifting that they need to rubberband, tiewrap, and tape every little piece of the toy underneath injection molded plastic inside a tape sealed box?

My kids would like to play with their new toys on actual Christmas day, not wait until New Years when you have finally extracted them from the packaging....

Ha Ha , no but really, you're beginning to bug me now.

Haha :shock:

Here's a pet peeve that affects EVERY father on Christmas mornings and at birthday parties. The dang packaging of toys! Is it really neccessary to stitch every freakin strand of Barbie's and Poly Pocket's hair into a chunk of cardboard? Is Mattell really losing that much money to shoplifting that they need to rubberband, tiewrap, and tape every little piece of the toy underneath injection molded plastic inside a tape sealed box?

My kids would like to play with their new toys on actual Christmas day, not wait until New Years when you have finally extracted them from the packaging....

We make it part of our gift buying/wrapping routines to open the packages and the ones we can, we eliminate 80-90% of the tie downs and tape before we wrap them. Also gives us the chance to insert batteries as necessary.

And play with them for a while, if they're REALLY cool.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I remember receiving Barbies when I was little and just HATING the wrapping. My mom also hated finding twist ties hidden in the carpet... a month later.

I think I have only one pet peeve right now.

People who order food while talking on their cell phones.

For crying out loud! It takes three times as long, it's disrespectful, and by the time you've actually ordered, everyone in the shop is ready to hang and quarter you, behead you, and then roast you alive. After which your head would be stuck somewhere in the middle of main street with a sign that says "Beware cell phone orderers."

Really.

Erm.... No, I did state it was Barbie and PollyPocket. No playing with the "cool" ones as there are no "cool" Barbies for a 36 yr old male to play with. I think my wife would send me to the nuthouse...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back