The Photo Forum Crashed my hard drive

Kerbouchard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I was planning on doing a best of 2012 thread and I made a slight error. I was lazy so I wanted to do it all at once.

Turns out, if you load 16,000+ files in Adobe Bridge and try to review them in Review Mode, the hard drive doesn't like it very much...:(

It would appear Adobe Bridge crashed your hard drive.

And there I thought that the admin had finally found a way to give us a "Gibs headslap" command on the forum.

Recovering the drive now...this is going to take forever.

Misleading thread title

Sounds like you bit off more than the computer could chew lol.

Aren't you, like a programmer or something? For Microsoft even, if memory serves...

I mean, shouldn't you have seen this coming?

Aren't you, like a programmer or something? For Microsoft even, if memory serves...
No, I do work at a Microsoft Campus, but I don't work for Microsoft. I'm over the Engineering team...Critical Systems, UPS, Generators, Mechanical, HVAC, Electrical, that sort of thing.

Yes, I definitely should have seen it coming. Especially since I was watching a video on Amazon Prime at the same time.

In any case, I borrowed the conversion cable, pulled the drive, tethered it to another PC and recovered all the data last night. Reinstalled the drive, restored it to factory, so I'm pretty much back in business.

Now, I just need to get ahold of Adobe and figure out how to unregister Photoshop so my license will work on the new install. Pretty crappy last three days, but at least the failure wasn't mechanical and I was able to recover everything.

Well, for those that were concerned, computer is back up and running. I am currently transfering all of my data back on to the computer and Photoshop CS5 installed fine.

Also, one great benefit to this whole mess was I guess they didn't have enough room on the Hidden Partion to load all the bloatware that normally comes with new computers. It's running faster than ever. ;-)

No, I do work at a Microsoft Campus, but I don't work for Microsoft. I'm over the Engineering team...Critical Systems, UPS, Generators, Mechanical, HVAC, Electrical, that sort of thing.

Yes, I definitely should have seen it coming. Especially since I was watching a video on Amazon Prime at the same time.

In any case, I borrowed the conversion cable, pulled the drive, tethered it to another PC and recovered all the data last night. Reinstalled the drive, restored it to factory, so I'm pretty much back in business.

Now, I just need to get ahold of Adobe and figure out how to unregister Photoshop so my license will work on the new install. Pretty crappy last three days, but at least the failure wasn't mechanical and I was able to recover everything.

This tale of woe makes me wish I were a WinDoze user!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like loads of fun! Hey boyz and girlz, it's soooo much fun it's Stooooopid-Fun!!!!!!

This tale of woe makes me wish I were a WinDoze user!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like loads of fun! Hey boyz and girlz, it's soooo much fun it's Stooooopid-Fun!!!!!!

So, your Mac wouldn't have any problems loading 16k files while also watching a movie?

Most reactions

Back