The Photo Forum Screensaver

54 in the colour

40 black and white

(approx)

I think they're good amounts if theres a 10 second delay. Dunno what others think?

10 seconds seem kinda long, except i do alot of video editing so i notice how much really fits into 10 seconds, so my judgement of time is probly different to most,

Still if it looks good im happy,

Did you recieve my email?

It can be less than 10 seconds(I hope), I didn't really think about that figure.

I just got some emails I'll reply shortly.

Just got your email Daniel, thanks for letting me be in on this :)

It's a great idea, and is gonna be one good screensaver,
Will there be any way to identify the photographer of each photo? (maybe by file names or similar)

Hmm I'm not sure, I would have done titles at the bottom of each but there weren't titles for all so it would be hard. I also am not decided on something. I have some that are smaller than 1024 wide or 768 high so i put then on a black background to stop them being stretched. Should I resize the others or keep them full screen. I think it will look great with full screen pictures however might look odd with some that aren't.

Any opinions?

Daniel said:
Hmm I'm not sure, I would have done titles at the bottom of each but there weren't titles for all so it would be hard. I also am not decided on something. I have some that are smaller than 1024 wide or 768 high so i put then on a black background to stop them being stretched. Should I resize the others or keep them full screen. I think it will look great with full screen pictures however might look odd with some that aren't.

Any opinions?
You should probably make them all the same size.... with a black background behind them.
Because all of them aren't the same crop and it will also be bad for us with huge screen sizes.
I think a good size would be 800-900 pixels at the widest point. Good luck!

Making them all smaller would help you out a lot and make it a lot easier. Otherwise they will all be different and not look uniform. :)

Hey guys, I have been working on the B&W Screensaver. I have tried it out where it makes the images fit the sreen and I think it works very well. The portrait ones don't look as effective but I think it still looks better than with a fixed size. The Only problem is that Some people have sent pretty small pictures sooo we havea some choices.

• I can request for people who have doesn't small pictures to send big ones (around 3MP)
  • I can set them all to a fixed size (will mean alot of work and I'm off on holiday on thursday so you might not get it fo a couple of weeks) which I personally don't think looks as good.
  • I can keep it how it is and sacrifice a bit of quality on a few pics although I run at 1280x960 and its fine in my eyes, some may not think its acceptable.
I will have to ask for people who submitted smaller colour ones to send larger versions too. I don't think I can get both done before thursday if we have it fixed size because it requires fiddling about in photoshop. So you could either wait for colour or I could send it to someone who is willing to do it.

So in summary I think full screen looks great on good res photos. It will mean you get a better looking screensaver and faster but will require some to resend r we can do one of the other options.

Sorry for a bit of rambling but I want it to be right. Replies soonish would be good obviously.

I reckon about 2000px width if its portrait would be good and 1000px height if portrait. I dont think many people have higher resolutions than that do they?

Ok you're right :wink:

Right I need resizes by people. They need to be big around 2000px in width or 1000px in height. I need them ASAP. I will send email and PMs to the people who I need resizes from.

If I don't get them soon then I wont be able o compile it before my holiday. I will have to consider dropping these people's pictures all together.

Sorry for double post.

I'm working on the B&W one now, Its those I need urgently. The people who i sent E-Mails to could you please send resizes of all your photos sent please. In general people sent all big or all small images so I shouldn't need to email anyone else.

Please get back to me as soon as you can. From previewng the screensaver I think it looks really good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back