The Photo You Didn't Intend to Capture!

PropilotBW

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We have all been there, or will be there someday. You're looking through your viewfinder, composing your shot, when out of the blue, something extraordinary or unexpected happens!

Your finger is already of the shutter release, Click!

Did I just get that on film?

Yes, I did!

Share your photos here and your story to go along with your photo.

I haven't pulled it up yet, but some dude in neon blue decided to swim and relax in the middle of my composition today. Not flabbergasting, but still entertaining enough to give me a chuckle.

Jake

I was testing out the focus and zoom on my new M.Zuiko 75-300mm zoom, looking at a lady on a wave runner. I was waiting on her to gun the throttle to get some sort of action photo, when behind her, out of the water jumps a Spotted a Eagle Ray. I Couldn't believe my luck!

image.jpg

Last edited:
I was in South Korea on a research assignment for a month. It was my last night, and I decided I'd go out for one last day of shooting. I spent all day walking the streets, taking the subway to as many cities as I could, and eventually I ended up on the coastal metropolis of Haeundae. This place is amazing, you've got towering skyscrapers not 200 ft from the water.

Next thing I know, it's night time, and the first monsoon of the season is rolling in. I've never been in a monsoon, so I didn't expect that monsoon meant "tidal waves of rain". I thought I'd get a cool shot of the rain and the buildings with all their lights bouncing off the clouds above, so I hop a fence and sit down next to some fishermen in a pier that's under construction. I don't have a tripod, so I'm shooting at 1/80 sec, and ISO4000. Crouched down, elbows on my knees in a kind of human tripod. Not exactly ideal long-expo conditions.

Next thing I know, lightning. An instinctual click of the shutter later, and I had this. Again, this is at 1/80 sec. I was completely in awe of what happened. I didn't really even mean to take the shot, more just a knee-jerk reaction to the flash. I rolled back and started laughing maniacally, just looking at the screen on the back of the camera, not giving a damn about the rain drenching me and my gear (the wind broke my umbrella). The adrenaline was incredible. I just sat there, soaking wet, amazed, until a friendly fisherman invited me out of the rain and into a hut he'd quickly built out of nearby plywood.

52 Weeks: Haeundae Lightshow (Week 19 of 52) by
Austin Greene, on Flickr

Last edited:
And this one. I was paying so much attention to getting a picture of the cat in the sun before he moved (as cats do) that I didn't even notice the shadow of the other one off to the right of the frame. When I developed the film and saw it, though, I just loved it. (There's also a third cat that is in the shadow in the back.)

The Third Cat
by limrodrigues, on Flickr

I was panning the Sea Rocket and when i snapped the shot I captured the sunbather right in front of me.

I love compression in pictures and I've always liked this one:

Sea Rocket by The Braineack, on Flickr

Untitled by Franklin Rabon, on Flickr

Was just kind of messing around with the contrasting orange and blues, the shadows and the light, not really expecting to get much, I was really waiting for someone with just the right color outfit to come in to bring the orange and blue together, kind of hoping for a nice purple, blue or green and to get them just right in the light. So, I saw this guy walking down the street and was going to use him to sort of figure out exactly what setting I was going to want, so that when/if the right color came in, I wouldn't have to fumble with settings.

The biker kind of came out of nowhere into the frame and just happened to catch them exactly like this. I hadn't seen the biker until I was already pressing the release button.

I don't have any but, my dad would take pictures of boats out on Lk Michigan and *somehow* women in bikini's kept photobombing his shots! :laugh2:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back