The Photographer...an abstract self portrait

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
well, here's an attempt at a different self portrait. that's not really a self portrait. more just a wall. :mrgreen:
ThePhotographer.jpg

I didn't put this in the critique forum, but if you would like to offer serious critique, I do always encourage it :)

I like the shot. Great shadow action on the top and I like where you stood in the frame.

But, here's a question: why would you call this "abstract"? The viewer can clearly see that it's a self-portrait, and can make out the photographer from the shadow. There is clearly a subject to this image, so for me, it doesn't qualify as an abstract.

I'd call it a coy shot, since you elected to remain a shadow figure. ;) That works.

Either way, it's nicely conceived. :thumbup:

i always take shadow pictures of myself too...i don't know why, but i've got lots of 'em... and i like yours a lot!!

Wow, I love what you did w/ this one in PS. I agree, though; a bit too much shadow and not quite enough silhouette. Perhaps a heavy crop on the top would help. It's cool to see our separate photos come out after seeing each other shoot them. :)

I do agree that there isn't enough silhouette, but I had to work with what I shot. As far as the shadows at the top, I'm kind of partial to the space at the top ;)
It is cool to see the differences in our photos, Scott. We should go on excursions more often! Anyways, I'll be posting a picture of you soon...hehe (evil grin, but not really)
Thanks all!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back