the photography version of blue ba**s

motcon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
group-11.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i have never been without a scanner. i've always gone from development, to print, to scan, to upload....i had a process.

well, ALL of my flatbeds are dead. dunno why, but they are beyond repair.

my question: i will pay all postage if someone with adequate knowledge of scanning b&w finished prints would be willing to do so.

this is me begging.

please do NOT go out of your way. i can find someone local to do it, but it will take me some time as i just moved (again). i just did a job that i need to get out the door, but i want scans.

Well I don't have a great scanner and the postage to send it up here would probably been pretty high so I don't think I can help you with it.

Anyway I'm really just replying to say "Hi, long time no see Will." How long have you been back?

we'd be willing to do it over here ... you need high quality scans? .. web use? .. both? ... special requirements? ... let me know and i'll pm you our address info

Here's an offer... I have an HP ScanJet 3300C that I would be willing to give you if you want to pay for the postage.

There is nothing wrong with it. The glass is clean and clear of any scratches. It uses a USB connection and I have the software it came with on CD.

It's a few years old. A normal flat-bed scanner. The only reason I don't use it is because we bought a all-in-one printer/scanner/copier and I just bought an Epson Perfection 3170 Photo scanner because it can scan negatives (the 3300C cannot scan negatives - unless there is some kind of attachment available or something that I am not aware of).

Shipping would be from Boston Massachusetts.

Don't be afraid to decline this offer - you won't hurt my feelings. It is a low-end scanner, but it got some pretty nice write-ups online. I understand if it is not what are looking for.

Other than that - I would be willing to scan some photos for you (up to 20 or so). I have no experience with black and white scanning, but I'll give it a shot if all else fails for you. I could even scan negatives if you would want to try that.

Good luck with whatever you do.

Stick, if will doesnt want that I would be willing to buy it depending on what you want for it. Sort of been in the market for one. But only if will doesnt want it. Depriving the web of Will's work would be criminal in the excess.

wow, you folks are generous. allow me to sleep on it (i'm so very tired) and i'll be back at you tomorrow.

the world needs more ppl like you.

thanks again.

TwistMyArm said:
Anyway I'm really just replying to say "Hi, long time no see Will." How long have you been back?

hello, my friend. not really 'back', per se. have a few more jobs to get out the door, then my time should be freed up quite a bit and i can spend more time here.

stick35 said:
Here's an offer... I have an HP ScanJet 3300C that I would be willing to give you if you want to pay for the postage.

There is nothing wrong with it. The glass is clean and clear of any scratches. It uses a USB connection and I have the software it came with on CD.

It's a few years old. A normal flat-bed scanner. The only reason I don't use it is because we bought a all-in-one printer/scanner/copier and I just bought an Epson Perfection 3170 Photo scanner because it can scan negatives (the 3300C cannot scan negatives - unless there is some kind of attachment available or something that I am not aware of).

Shipping would be from Boston Massachusetts.

Don't be afraid to decline this offer - you won't hurt my feelings. It is a low-end scanner, but it got some pretty nice write-ups online. I understand if it is not what are looking for.

Other than that - I would be willing to scan some photos for you (up to 20 or so). I have no experience with black and white scanning, but I'll give it a shot if all else fails for you. I could even scan negatives if you would want to try that.

Good luck with whatever you do.

i do believe that i will take you up on the offer. i used to live in west newton (7 miles outside of boston) and my good scanner is in storage there, but with no way to get it without a trip.

i appreciate the offer to no end. let me know what i need to do.

tyjax - when i get back to boston (which should be very soon), i'll send a scanner to you.

you, dear stick35, are of humankind. thanks.

This thread has been great fun to read. :D A happy outcome and everything!

Plus, I want to say Hi to Will, too! *waving* Hi, Will! Miss ya!!!

Okay, I'm done.... :blulsh2:

Most reactions

Back