The Picture people

metroshane

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I'm getting taking a reduction in force offer in november...in other words, I'll be out of a job. Tonight at the mall I decided to put in an application at a place called "the picture people"...they are a chain that takes pics of babies and kids...for a seasonal position. I also took my biz card and the lady looked impressed enough, even though I put on the app that I wanted at least $22/hr. I thought "what the heck"? It's seasonal and I get to use their Mamiya RB647's...which I've wanted to work with for a while.

So I might be working at the mall taking pics of little kids...ain't that grand?

I totally dig kids, so I think I'll be into it. Of course, I have loftier goals...but hell if someone is going to pay me to practice with medium format...I'd be a fool to turn it down.

Could there possibly be some extra earnings from using the pics for blackmail?

Well, what the heck. It's seasonal and it keeps your trigger finger warm, and you DO get to work with medium format.

Aside from the cute little kids in funny hats who, by turns, will scream, cry, puke, or "miss" their diapers, you should have a grand time. :D Just remember you're not supposed to slap them into submission. The parents won't like it. :lol:

I'm teasing you.....truly, overall it's a chance to get some controlled studio experience - go for it! Good luck!

OH well, that turned into a dead end. They cancelled my interview b/c I was overqualified. :roll:

Sorry to hear it, but I thought that may be the case. Most of the people I've seen working there are probably earning around minimum wage and have never taken a photo before... :roll:

Yeah, the thing that pissed me off is that they didn't even try to call me to tell me. They let me take the morning off from my job and show up to tell me. The kid that told me was probably under 25, scraggly beared, and mumbled the whole time.

metroshane said:
Yeah, the thing that pissed me off is that they didn't even try to call me to tell me. They let me take the morning off from my job and show up to tell me. The kid that told me was probably under 25, scraggly beared, and mumbled the whole time.

That stinks, seems most places that offers cheap photo's want min wage workers. Its a bit of a wonder how real studios get business when walmart and sears are charging 1/3 the price, and people not realizing thiehr getting unexpienced people taking the pictures.

Most reactions

Back