The picture within a picture -- First Try!!

rp1600

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've always been fascinated with old buildings. Farmhouses. Country stores. Barns. Etc. I saw this old store yesterday and decided to make my first attempt at capturing a picture within a picture. I've included the overal picture and then my cropping, RAW conversion, etc. results. The vertical pict of the door was shot on the side of the building.

Appreciate any and all C&C.

Mods, first time posting mutiple pictures so if i did something wrong, lemme know. :)

Ron

Original Storefront:
ORIGINALSTORE.jpg

#1 --
STOREFRONT-1.jpg

#2 - Different Image, Similar composition
STOREFRONT-2.jpg

#3 - side door
DOOR.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/rp1600/STOREFRONT-2.jpg

I'll admit i don't get the whole "picture within a picture" bit, but #3 is pretty sweet. Maybe bump the contrast up a bit? It looks kind of blown-out.

I don't quite see what you mean is the "picture within a picture" but I can assure you that you did not do anything wrong.
AND this is a wonderful old building and you captured it nicely.
Do you have a chance to come back there at another time of day so you would have the sun on it?

I believe that most people often see things that would make "great pictures" but they don't look beyond the overall scene to the smaller elements that exist that woudl create and even more dynamic picture. Ok, maybe I went a little overboard. lol

yeah, corinna i can shoot it anytime. I just happened across it the other evening while on the way home from playing golf.

Was one of my first times shooting with the 350D and looking for something other than the overall picture.

Thanks for comments.

Maybe i could have titled the post differently.

Picture within a picture simply implies that for every "overall" photo taken there are additional photos that can be pulled from it.

Yes, I think I see what you mean. You see that most people only take one photo of a subject in its context and no more?
And you wanted to show us (yourself, too?) that there are often more photo ops in an overall scene when you go closer to things, when you select details from an overall context, right? And I think you did well here, but I would suggest you go there again in early morning or evening light, whatever is the right time for the sun to light up this old building.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back