The Plexi line

ShopSusie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is there a trick to remove the plexi glass line? I have tried black tape and folding the back drop over a tiny bit. Both looked strange. I have been PSing them out but I would like to correct it in *studio* if possible. It is only an issue on my dark backdrops.

quest.jpg

Is there a particular reason you are using plexiglass uner your subjects?

Because that is what the customers want :)

Because that is what the customers want :)

Why do the customers want this? I've never heard of this trend. The only advantage I can see is the reflection you'd get, but you have to deal with the edgeline. I don't think there is a way to minimize this without using another material or correcting in photoshop.

I can see using glass for a product shot so you get an interesting reflection but for a portrait it seemsjust woerd to me. I would say just clone it out. To me the slight reflection takes away from this photo. Some customers have odd requests huh.

Yes, there is a trick. It has to do mostly with lighting and somewhat with the angle of the shot.

First, blending the plexi into the background can normally only be achieved by adding a pretty high-key light source shining onto the background.

Second, if you shoot from a high angle, like you did in this shot, then you're going to get a fair bit of light bouncing off the plexi and toward your lens. Shooting from a lower angle helps to cut down on that.

My goodness. No need to do all that. Just clone it out. A nanosecond. I do it allllllll the time in photos.

I've got to disagree. Every pro I know who uses the plexiglass trick shoots pretty high key in order to increase the reflection off the glass and to blend out the line without having to go back and do it in PS.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back