the point of a fisheye lense?

Fish-eye shots are LSD without the after effects. So it's not surprising the skate crowd is into it. They like to space out.

So how do you explain the wedding crowd enjoying fisheye shots.

This is the point of a fisheye :)

DSC_4406dh-vi.jpg

DSC_5124d-vi.jpg

DSC_5144d-vi.jpg

DSC_5269d-vi.jpg

DSC_5796d-vi.jpg

DSC_5826dh-vi.jpg

DSC_6276d-vi.jpg

DSC_7364dh-vi.jpg

At least that's how I use it, my Nikon 10.5DX f/2.8 fisheye. A rectilinear 10mm lens is only about half as wide in comparison, and with the software out there you can make the fisheye look just about any way you want. I used various conversions or even no conversion for the photos above, depending on what looked and worked the best.

Originally Posted by Alfred D.
Fish-eye shots are LSD without the after effects. So it's not surprising the skate crowd is into it. They like to space out.
So how do you explain the wedding crowd enjoying fisheye shots.
Because they are symbolical? They represent the warping from freedom to marital chains.

was teh first picture chicago? one of the buildings looks like the Sears Tower.

yup! Good eye. :)

The rest were all from Taiwan. My fisheye was my 2nd most used lens there, right behind my 18-135mm workhorse.

Mav I love them all especially the last one though.
Personally I could sit and look at fisheye pictures ALL DAY....

This is the point of a fisheye :)

DSC_4406dh-vi.jpg

DSC_5124d-vi.jpg

DSC_5144d-vi.jpg

DSC_5269d-vi.jpg

DSC_5796d-vi.jpg

DSC_5826dh-vi.jpg

DSC_6276d-vi.jpg

DSC_7364dh-vi.jpg

At least that's how I use it, my Nikon 10.5DX f/2.8 fisheye. A rectilinear 10mm lens is only about half as wide in comparison, and with the software out there you can make the fisheye look just about any way you want. I used various conversions or even no conversion for the photos above, depending on what looked and worked the best.

Eh, these pictures would've been good even without the fisheye effect, except for the railroad pic.

The thing with the fisheye though is you can stand almost on top of your subject and get the whole thing in and then some, I was stood very close to a 60 foot statue and I got the whole thing in wide of it and sky!
(Very Impressive)

Here is the picture I think the statue was over 60 feet I was stood on the first step for this picture.. (This picture was not a keeper, I'm just posting it to show how close I was)
http://media3.dropshots.com/photos/452109/20080418/235347.jpg

Now this thread reminds me that I need a good fisheye. I havent had one since my old film days.

Most reactions

Back