The Porcelain Doll Syndrome

"but speculation is sky-high that the poor tot's image has been edited".

"Speculation is sky-high"? "Speculation"??

Isn't that a lot like saying, "we don't know if it's true, but we're going to make a big deal out of it anyway, as though it is? Isn't it also a lot like saying, "we can't actually tell if it's edited or not, it's that good, but we're going to make a big deal out of it anyway, as though it is"?

I'm unimpressed with this latest photoshop outrage.

Last edited:
Several questions:

1. Christina Aguilera is somehow still relevant?
2. Was she ever relevant?
3. She had a baby, who cares?

Who is Christina Aguilera and why should I care?

(The fact that this relates to 'People' magazine tells me that I really shouldn't care)

I'm in the wrong business is someone is getting paid to retouch a photo that poorly.

Thank goodness they did. Have you seen unedited pics of her baby?!? Cellulite city.

It is terrible what magazines do to people's pictures. What we do, of course, is totes awesomatic tho.

Who is Christina Aguilera and why should I care?

(The fact that this relates to 'People' magazine tells me that I really shouldn't care)
Great singer.

At least the baby looks like a baby (well, pretty much... a poorly enhanced photo of a baby), compared to a questionably edited photo of an unrecognizable Uma. That to me is more sad than lousy photoshopping that someone would have plastic surgery done to that point.

The entire photo is extremely enhanced, look at Christina's hair at the top (what you can see of it on the cover). I know she's very light blond but the hair looks almost white.

In the type work I've done I know sometimes facial surgery may be done for example for a cleft palate, which can change appearance but is to usually to repair the palate. In that video, it seems to be a judgment call since the girl has an ear that folds over that didn't change as expected on its own as she got older.

There's so much out there about bullying and cyberbullying that it seems understandable that parents could have more concern about it than they might have in the past.

There's so much out there about bullying and cyberbullying ..
According to the article this child was NOT being bullied anyway. This was all in anticipation of what MIGHT happen.

IMO anyone who is prone to being bullied will be bullied even if her ears are perfect.

It's an entertainment weekly, Not Scientific American - of course all the photos have been photoshoped!!!
If they hadn't modified the image then it would be news.....

Most reactions

Back